Police on crookes last night 11/06/2016

Around 11 last night mulehouse rd was blocked by police and they were on corner of Stannington view rd

Car accident? Social club related incident?

My neck of the woods but heard and saw nothing!

I think there was some kind of a rave going on. It happens every year and the sound echo's across the Rivelin Valley to Stannington.

I heard there was some trouble at Crookes WMC but don't know who or what was involved.

Crookes WMC were having a rave ? I guess times are hard.......

Guest makapaka

My mother in law lives near there and told me they had a gang of about 30 youths on their street on Saturday night playing up.

The police arrived and moved them on. Said it was about midnight when it happened.

There were groups of teenagers going up and down Cross Lane from about 8pm until 10pm.

They got progressively more noisy and agitated with time.

The trouble did seem to be centred around Crookes WMC.

My gut instinct from what I could see and hear - Is that they were mostly teenagers who had just finished their GCSE's, gone to a party to celebrate. Things had gone wrong and a small upset got over exaggerated, causing lots of "noise" that came to nothing.

Guest makapaka
There were groups of teenagers going up and down Cross Lane from about 8pm until 10pm.

They got progressively more noisy and agitated with time.

The trouble did seem to be centred around Crookes WMC.

My gut instinct from what I could see and hear - Is that they were mostly teenagers who had just finished their GCSE's, gone to a party to celebrate. Things had gone wrong and a small upset got over exaggerated, causing lots of "noise" that came to nothing.

My mother in law described them similarly. Thought they were students but to be fair most of the students around crookes handle themselves ok. She said they looked quite young and were very noisy. She called out of the window to tell them to keep it down and they were quite aggressive back.

Two coppers turned up and put a quick stop to it to be fair.