Legal Interpretation Needed!

What; renting a room on an ad hoc basis without a contract? Its not a very sound business plan if its something you depend on, as mentioned by the op. I agree its fine if the whole business plan doesn't fall down without ad hoc rental.

Chez isn't that business in a nutshell? What if I ran a restaurant that didn't get any customers, or a cinema with no viewers?

With all respect Chez 2, in the field of work that I am in it is something that is done quite a lot. The business plan that you seem to doubt has been put together with Business Sheffield - who know their stuff. I too know my "market." I could put together a full explanation but the title of this post was asking for some legal interpretation - not comments on my business plan. So please can we keep any comments to that. Thanks

(my bold) It's nice to have an endorsement of the help on offer from Business Sheffield, so thank you Monkeygirl. For further details take a look at the sticky at the top of the page.

Chez isn't that business in a nutshell? What if I ran a restaurant that didn't get any customers, or a cinema with no viewers?

Not really, that's not what was being discussed, you are missing the point, you're not comparing like with like. If you were, the whole business would just be room rental and nothing else. The business isn't just room rental but the op says the business plan doesn't stack up if they can't rent out the room. Now do you understand the subtle difference? If not, it doesn't matter. The OP doesn't want us to chat about anything else.