Flood Alert Sheffield Rivers 10/06/16

The rain water is flowing like a river down Walkley Bank road and Rivelin road onto Rivelin Valley road. I shudder to think what Holme lane is like!

The rain water is flowing like a river down Walkley Bank road and Rivelin road onto Rivelin Valley road. I shudder to think what Holme lane is like!

I drove along Rivelin Valley Road around 430, it was treacherous. A car was being washed along just past the Stanmore grin turn-off, completely impassable.

Very scary, although not on the realms of 2007.

how come its that bad? surely we haven't had that much rain today ?

I drove along Rivelin Valley Road around 430, it was treacherous. A car was being washed along just past the Stanmore grin turn-off, completely impassable.

Very scary, although not on the realms of 2007.

Where's the Stanmore grin turn-off?

have the streets ahead team got to the flood yet or they hoping it will disappear before they finish their tea.

still waiting for the pavement to be repaired outside my house by streets ahead team 3 weeks after being given a incident number, they just hope the problems go away rather than fix them correctly. I blame the engineers

I wonder if it is related but something I have not seen for years...the council cleaning out grates and drains with a suction lorry thing. Come to think of it I bet the council don't own any such lorries now, they seem to prefer to pay contractors rates!

it does make you think that something is drastically wrong ,when an afternoon of rain can cause that