T.T Racing,is it too dangerous?

I have been a bike and a bike sports fan all my life and have always followed Moto GP,superbikes and speedway, but have never really bothered with the T.T races.However last week I watched T.T racing on the TV and quite frankly it was frightening.These riders are topping 200mph on narrow roads with kerb edges,lamps,bus stops,walls,houses,and in one part shop windows, on either side of them.To make things worse, in some parts there are spectators standing on either side,some behind steel barriers,some just on the side of the road.There does not appear to be any safety precautions whatsoever but the riders seem happy to ride.When all other forms of motorsport have advanced massively in safety the T.T has not improved one bit and I am surprised it has not been banned altogether.It really is a massive accident waiting to happen.

I have been a bike and a bike sports fan all my life and have always followed Moto GP,superbikes and speedway, but have never really bothered with the T.T races.However last week I watched T.T racing on the TV and quite frankly it was frightening.These riders are topping 200mph on narrow roads with kerb edges,lamps,bus stops,walls,houses,and in one part shop windows, on either side of them.To make things worse, in some parts there are spectators standing on either side,some behind steel barriers,some just on the side of the road.There does not appear to be any safety precautions whatsoever but the riders seem happy to ride.When all other forms of motorsport have advanced massively in safety the T.T has not improved one bit and I am surprised it has not been banned altogether.It really is a massive accident waiting to happen.
..........lets hope it does not end up like boring Formula1

The TT is a fantastic spectacle to watch and needs no interference at all.

You should visit sometime!

i guess you have never been there or ever been involved?? i have as both a racer at the Manx GP and now as a sponsor of a couple of riders.

the guys that race here do so because they want to, there is no championship points so nobody has to go for team orders etc.

yes accidents do happen, i have had friends who have died at the TT, given the chance to re-start they would, we all know the dangers and accept it.

the safety side from a spectators point of view is second to none.

i suggest you take a trip to the island next year talk to people and riders i guarantee you will change your mind.

it is the last bastion of real racing and i dont think it will ever stop until riders stop going.

I used to be taken as a small child every year by my parents. We'd ride the course 3 up on a Norton Commando and if blood was shed during practise week the locals would say that meant the weather would be good for the following week.

There were always deaths, both normal bikers and racers. But the excitement levels for participants and spectators is just through the roof. The danger contributes to that.

Edited by mrswilson22
to delete post

Never been to the TT but my older brother has and he has ridden the course on "Mad Sunday", when the public can ride. He has seen riders in front of him come off and die, but as someone said they race as it's a love, passion, and testing their nerves to the limit is what they crave.

Apparently Serena Williams threatened to sue at Wimbledon today if she slipped on the wet grass.

That must be so dangerous....

i guess you have never been there or ever been involved?? i have as both a racer at the Manx GP and now as a sponsor of a couple of riders.

the guys that race here do so because they want to, there is no championship points so nobody has to go for team orders etc.

yes accidents do happen, i have had friends who have died at the TT, given the chance to re-start they would, we all know the dangers and accept it.

the safety side from a spectators point of view is second to none.

i suggest you take a trip to the island next year talk to people and riders i guarantee you will change your mind.

it is the last bastion of real racing and i dont think it will ever stop until riders stop going.

Agree it is real racing and would recommend going to see it,it is something that you never forget.Nice one for being a sponsor euro,folk like you keep the riders going

Can you explain to me why they need to go so fast?

200mph?

Why are they in such a hurry?

Where are they going to?

Why don't they impose a speed limit of 35mph to prevent accidents?

200mph?

Where are they going to?

It's a race, silly.

200mph?

Where are they going to?

Are you for real.:huh:

Sadly,three riders died in todays tt racing but they died doing what they loved chasing the glory and excitement of an experience that most of us will never get the chance to do.While ever riders want to ride the tt it should stay,a spectacle like no other.RIP to davey lambert,jochen van den hoek and alan bonner.