Moles in garden

Any advice how to deter moles from back garden?

Moles are deterred by sound generated by the tubular type of repeller that is inserted into the ground. However, the moles get used to the sound fairly quickly & carry on as normal. If moles do get into the garden, the "Beagle Easy-Set Mole Trap" seems to be effective if the instructions are followed carefully.

Hi,

We had moles for months in our garden. We tried everything and I mean everything to try and get rid of them in a humane manner but everything failed so in the end I'm afraid we had to resort to calling in an expert. He put a worm covered in cyanide into one of the holes and almost overnight it was problem solved. I really didn't want to kill it but they are solitary animals so felt slightly better that I wasn't murdering a whole family !!!! Please don't waste your money on sonic booms etc or humane traps they do not work. Good luck.

Any advice how to deter moles from back garden?

deter? no. There simply isn't a useful method. The best way is to exterminate (unfortunately) or to let them be.

I'd lean towards the latter, my wife to the former. The last five moles we had in our garden in the Netherlands didn't make it.

/trousers

I'm pretty sure cyanide is now banned in the EU as a control method for vermin , including moles. The problem with cyanide was that it remained in the ground and if you grew cabbages a few years later you ran the risk of [albeit small] cyanide contamination.

Go for traps, they're quick and efficient, and kill the mole quickly.