How do you deal with ignorant parents and misbehaving children ??

How do you deal with ignorant parents and misbehaving children ?

Your own kids

People you know

Family

Workplace

On the steet

I think its gotten worse over the years, I think a lot of the times parents enable the behaviour,

My normal reaction is walk away unless i need to be their but I'm assuming people with kids will have better ideas

How do you deal with ignorant members of the public who don't understand age appropriate behaviour? How do you educate people who have no regard or understanding for the generations of the future?

How do you deal with ignorant members of the public who don't understand age appropriate behaviour? How do you educate people who have no regard or understanding for the generations of the future?

I don't think you can deal with it, it is not your job. Anyway, they would look at your way of life with as much disdain as you do theirs.

We are all different luckily, and have different ideas on behaviour and raising children, we all get the children we deserve and that's life. Lots of people want to make their parents proud of them and act accordingly.

What's that saying...

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”

Of course andrejuan :) I was just making a point, that I think the op is being unreasonable and provoking an argument.

Besides, what you may see of someone one day is unlikely to be what they're like generally. And kids get colds and bugs etc and so many kids, like mine, have food intolerances that affect their general well being and happiness. So unless someone's actions directly affect you, give people a break and have some thought for someone other than yourself :)

that is where your wrong.. raising a child is everyones job. the old adage, its takes a village to raise a child is even more acurate today.

If the ONLY influence a child has are its parents then that child will only have their beliefs no matter how unpleasent those could be. the more people who are involved in raising a child the more rounded an individual it will become

Sadly, that is in the past and has been for a while. I say sadly because I agree in principle with you.

So, go interfere if you dare, but it will end in tears.

There is still a small chance you could get some results with family, but beyond that :gag:

There was a really unpleasant incident as reported in the Sheffield Star where some kids let off a stinkbomb - some of the other passengers went to open a window & the parents started mouthing off to them - rather than reprimanding their own misbehaving offspring. Stupid scutters

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/couple-claim-they-have-received-death-threats-after-homophobic-attack-on-sheffield-bus-1-8044835

easy livin. You are my kind of person!!! I could take my girls anywhere knowing they would be well behaved and polite, I am known for 'lack of patience' i worked on ....if they were annoying me, they were annoying others.

I have told friends kids off for walking on furniture, interupting, not saying please and thank you, BUT always in a kind way.