Possible bus driver fraud

i dont mean to be rude but why report something like that and possibly put someone out of the job in the first place. SERIOUSLY did having a pound on your ticket instead of 1.50 hurt you in anyway or effect where you had to get oFF THE BUS? didnt think so. IM SURE LOTS OF PEOPLE DO THIS IN EVERY DAY OF LIFE EVEN THOUGH IT IS STEALING! ITS NOT FROM YOU SO KEEP YOUR NOSE OUT IS MY OPINION LOL

I think its hard to know who to support. Ok - the average bus driver is not the finest of customer service representatives, and thieving is wrong, and the money the bus company loses will be retrieved in other ways, but personally I dont give a stuff if these money grabbing rip off merchant bus companies are made a little poorer by these antics. We the public are a whole load poorer since all the price hikes that we just have to keep accepting.

here here, plus they get paid a pitence while those sat in offices make thousands

i dont mean to be rude but why report something like that and possibly put someone out of the job in the first place. SERIOUSLY did having a pound on your ticket instead of 1.50 hurt you in anyway or effect where you had to get oFF THE BUS? didnt think so. IM SURE LOTS OF PEOPLE DO THIS IN EVERY DAY OF LIFE EVEN THOUGH IT IS STEALING! ITS NOT FROM YOU SO KEEP YOUR NOSE OUT IS MY OPINION LOL

Err, this happened months ago. Look at the date of the first post.

Calm down with your indiscriminate use of capital letters as well!

The point is that the driver is commiting a crime, and if a member of the public is found by an inspector to have the wrong sort of ticket they can be fined £35.

Does anyone know how much a ticket costs from the top of london road near baan thai/candy town, to abbeydale road (near to cartnerknowle road/ woodseats road)? I ask as I think I've been repeatedly fiddled out of fair as I have often been charged the same (sometimes more) from the otherside and centre of the city...

Hi, its 180 to the bottom of carterknowle road from before highfield libary, after highfield its 150

hope this helps from a HONEST driver.

anymore questions??

Hi, its 180 to the bottom of carterknowle road from before highfield libary, after highfield its 150

hope this helps from a HONEST driver.

anymore questions??

Thanks for that. So how much is it to the bottom of cartnerknowle road from the stop next to the peave gardens/opposite somerfield?

I feel I might be getting cheaper fares depending on your answer..... :suspect::D

Thanks for that. So how much is it to the bottom of cartnerknowle road from the stop next to the peave gardens/opposite somerfield?

I feel I might be getting cheaper fares depending on your answer..... :suspect::D

Its still £1.80. Dont ask me why. The fares that first charge just dont seem fair to all. It changes at highfields.

town to boston street 80p

town to highfields libary £1.20

town to empire road £1.50

town to either woodseats or archer road st £1.80

after the two above £2.20

Its still £1.80. Dont ask me why. The fares that first charge just dont seem fair to all. It changes at highfields.

town to boston street 80p

town to highfields libary £1.20

town to empire road £1.50

town to either woodseats or archer road st £1.80

after the two above £2.20

Cheers mate, that's great.

Regards

This has happened to me a few times, but I am always alert enough to check the ticket and notice any discrepancies.

I know a couple of guys who are bus drivers and they both say that this happens all the time. Its seen as an easy way to pay for their lunch and cigarettes every day.

0ane - Where do you think they recoup the losses from drivers stealing money? They have to increase the cost of the fares. So when you ask if having a ticket for £1 when they have paid £1.50 hurts in any way, then yes it does, because the passengers end up paying via continuous fare increases.

When you say "IM SURE PEOPLE DO THIS IN EVERY DAY OF LIFE EVEN THOUGH IT IS STEALING!" are you somehow trying to justify theft? It doesn't matter who it is being stolen from (even though in the end it is the customer) it's still theft. Its worrying that you don't seem to be capable of understanding that its wrong.

Also please try to curb your random use of the capslock key. Having half your post in capital letters makes it look like it was posted by small child and makes it difficult to take any of your comments seriously. This is made even worse by your complete lack of understanding of basic punctuation and grammar. :roll:

As an inspector for one of our local bus companies,if I found this happening on a ticket check,the driver would be taken off his duty and suspended as soon as I found it.On return to garage,he would be sent home,and on his disciplinary hearing,would be fired.

We operate a zero tollerance policy on all ticket dicrepencies and theft from the company could lead to police action.

It is not only adding to the cost of fares,but we drum into staff that it is also jeopardising any future pay increases.I doing this "fiddling" has all but been irradicated

As an inspector for one of our local bus companies,if I found this happening on a ticket check,the driver would be taken off his duty and suspended as soon as I found it.On return to garage,he would be sent home,and on his disciplinary hearing,would be fired.

We operate a zero tollerance policy on all ticket dicrepencies and theft from the company could lead to police action.

It is not only adding to the cost of fares,but we drum into staff that it is also jeopardising any future pay increases.I doing this "fiddling" has all but been irradicated

you all talk of driver fiddling, recentley a mobile phone was lost on a bus and handed in to lost property only to be lost at the back of the counter then found when person turned up for phone but found out numbers had been wiped off the phone and the guilty party resigned, talk your way out of that one, answer you can't.