Possible bus driver fraud

Could You Tell Me If It Was Mainline Buses

Yes it was

I can't imagine it is a big problem, I always check my ticket and its always been right.

People always seem to believe the worst about bus drivers. For the small pay I think it is a terrible job and I wouldn't fancy doing it.

I know of at least 15 bus drivers who practice the occult, and with kids mind. Be wary of all bus drivers, they are evil.:help:

My husband used to be on the buses and he certainly is not evil. Please don't tar all bus drivers with the same bruch, I apreciate there are some dishonest ones out there but they are not all like that.

Okay, here's the situation. Yesterday and today I caught the 76 bus home from town. On both occasions I gave the driver 1.50 and stated the fare - 1.50. On checking my ticket it was for one pound both times. Is this a genuine mistake on the part of the driver or are they on the fiddle? Would you report it?

The exact same thing happened to good friend of mine. However, on his journey, he got stopped by independant auditers (or similar). Beleiving that my friend was 'over-riding' they then hit him with a £60 fine.

He fought it, and finally got it revoked. But I would STRONGLY suggest you report this. Apparently it's rife within Sheffield, and surley something that should be stamped out.

I think its hard to know who to support. Ok - the average bus driver is not the finest of customer service representatives, and thieving is wrong, and the money the bus company loses will be retrieved in other ways, but personally I dont give a stuff if these money grabbing rip off merchant bus companies are made a little poorer by these antics. We the public are a whole load poorer since all the price hikes that we just have to keep accepting.

there not dishonest, there evil. Its true, and why do all yorkshire terrier bus drivers have swallows tatood on the backs of there hands. Swallows represent flight, which represents mans fear of walking which means there evil. yes, ive made up my mind

Well said Tess :clap:

I'm not a bus driver, but I do know that not all bus drivers are thieving lowlifes.

last year (joking aside) first mainline had 3 fare increses, atotal of 33% and a net profit of 97 million ponds.

Id like to see a conducter charge me £35 fare for eating my ticket. And the cheecky ******** refused to give me my phone back without a £2 "drivers reward". I explained aggresivly that I'd just paid £3 on there busses to get to olive grove and that its just commen decency to hand anylost property back. They should just get sacked if they nick the stuff!

Slightly of the main topic of this thread but here goes!

A good few years ago I (Obviously) had a pass proving that I was under 16 and entitles to childs fare. I had been in town for resons I can't remember and tried to board the 77 service to go home. The driver whipped my pass of me claiming it was out of date (It most certainly was not) and refused to give it me back and also refused my onto the bus. I was lucky in that I was able to catch the X39 service operated by Northern Bus (Remember them???) where I knew some of the drivers. By luck it was a driver I knew and he didn't bother asking for my pass.

My dad was furious when I got in and rightly so, needless to say Mainline backed the driver up and I never did get my pass back :rant:

last year (joking aside) first mainline had 3 fare increses, atotal of 33% and a net profit of 97 million ponds.

Id like to see a conducter charge me £35 fare for eating my ticket. And the cheecky ******** refused to give me my phone back without a £2 "drivers reward". I explained aggresivly that I'd just paid £3 on there busses to get to olive grove and that its just commen decency to hand anylost property back. They should just get sacked if they nick the stuff!

A Drivers reward?? - should have called the police and said they were withholding goods and demanding monies

I had a problem with a ticket given to me by a driver, it didnt come from the machine and it had been issued over twenty minutes before I boarded the bus. I asked for a £1.30 fare and recieved a ticket for 8 pence.I reported it and two First Mainline officials interviewed me and luckly they had me video boarding at the time I said, when the driver was shown the evidence he resigned (he must have been creaming off for ages) Always check your ticket all the information you need is printed on the ticket, time, drivers number, bus number etc. CHECK!

Okay, here's the situation. Yesterday and today I caught the 76 bus home from town. On both occasions I gave the driver 1.50 and stated the fare - 1.50. On checking my ticket it was for one pound both times. Is this a genuine mistake on the part of the driver or are they on the fiddle? Would you report it?

YES THEY ARE ON THE FIDDLE I KNOW OF 4 BUS DRIVERS FOR FIRST & I HEAR ABOUT IT EVERYDAY. ESPECIALY ON THE 52s TO CROOKES

THE BEST BUS ROUTE FOR FIDDLING IS THE No 60 TO CRIMICAR LANE WHEN THE STUDENTS ARE HEAR SORRY BOYS.................................................

THE BEST FIDDLE IS WHEN THEY MICROWAVE THERE MODULE FOR 10 SECONDS & SAY IT DOSNT WORK & NOT CASH IN ALL THEY HAVE BUT A LITTLE. THIS HAPPENS MORE OFTEN THAN YOU ALL KNOW.

ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK..............................................................