Struggling to get rid of Fleas

If you want to try something a bit more natural, mix 1/4 apple cider vinegar 3/4 water, mix it up in a spray bottle and spray through the dogs coat while brushing.

Advocate spot on coupled with treating the house and cars with Indorex spray (and washing all bedding etc obviously) got rid of our fleas when we had them last.

add DE to their food mix with a little water first so they dont breathe in the dust.

a little garlic in their food will help as well

I thought garlic was toxic for dogs?

What flea treatment are you using? Cat fleas are pretty much immune to Frontline now, dog fleas might be the same.

Vets will still sell it to you, even though it does not work! I've also been using Advocate / Advantage, that still works.

^^This - we used frontline for a season and had a flea explosion.

Solved the problem by shaving the cats and moving house.

What flea treatment are you using? Cat fleas are pretty much immune to Frontline now, dog fleas might be the same.

Vets will still sell it to you, even though it does not work! I've also been using Advocate / Advantage, that still works.

I use Advocate too.

I've been using Eliminall (it's what my vets recommend) for all the animals but it doesn't seem to be working. The poor dog is scratching like mad and I keep finding fleas on him.

Bathed him yesterday in flea shampoo, hopefully it worked.

But gutted cos I ordered a 6 pack of Eliminall online for the cats, and I've only used one :(

I need to spray down the entire house

Indorex house spray may help, I use it very successfully

---------- Post added 11-07-2016 at 17:41 ----------

Also clear spot I recommend x

^^This - we used frontline for a season and had a flea explosion.

Solved the problem by shaving the cats and moving house.

How do you shave a cat (without getting scratched to death, I mean)?

---------- Post added 13-07-2016 at 12:31 ----------

I use Advocate too.

I've put Advocate on the dog, the vets sold me a new product called Broadline for the cats. I was a bit dubious because it contains fipronil (same ingredient as Frontline), but apparently it also contains other flea-killing ingredients. If it doesn't work, they can give me some Advocate free of charge :rant:

---------- Post added 13-07-2016 at 12:33 ----------

Indorex house spray may help, I use it very successfully

---------- Post added 11-07-2016 at 17:41 ----------

Also clear spot I recommend x

I've ordered some of the Indorex online, its £20 at my vets but £9.60 online.

Also ordered some Capstan tablets to kill the fleas living on the animals, then I will blitz the house and hopefully solve the problem!

Does anyone know how much vets charge for a prescription so I can buy Advocate online? It cost me £10.99 for one pipette, and I've seen it online as a three pack for £13.99.

Don't attempt to shave a cat at home. Experienced cat groomers will groom a cat in a very quiet environment that's secure using a#10 or #15 blade as anything longer is likely to cut a cats delicate skin. It's a skilled and risky business that not many people do and there are cat muzzlesvand mesh bags available to prevent scratches and bites.

Don't attempt to shave a cat at home. Experienced cat groomers will groom a cat in a very quiet environment that's secure using a#10 or #15 blade as anything longer is likely to cut a cats delicate skin. It's a skilled and risky business that not many people do and there are cat muzzlesvand mesh bags available to prevent scratches and bites.

I wouldn't lol, my cat fell in the bath once and that was bad enough. He'd probably be scared of clippers anyway. He's terrified of the vacuum cleaner.

I'm having the same problem, everything I've tried to far hasn't worked, flea baths, flea collar, pippette treatmemts, tablet flea treatments, flea combing 2/3 times a day, flea sprays to the dog & the house, flea powder on all the carpets, hoovering at least 3 times a day, sweeping all the wooden floors. And still she has fleas, I'm totally at my wits end. I've just ordered a treatment from VetsUK & Indorex spray so I'll try that an then try the vets if it doesn't work. I don't know where they are coming from, she's now confined to the porch with a piece of Lino for a bed . I daren't let her in the garden incase that's where she's getting them from.

She's nearly 10 and this is the first time she's had them, so I know we're lucky from that point of view but I'm tearing my hair out!!! And my mum n dad looked after her for us a few weeks ago (before we knew she had fleas) so they've got them too.