Struggling to get rid of Fleas

Hi all,

I'm having a real struggle this year to get rid of fleas! It's been ongoing since probably November on and off..

All my dogs have been flea'd on a regular basis plus bathed every week, house has been flea bombed far too many times for my liking!

Has anyone else had the same issue? and any ideas how to get rid please x

Not this year as yet, touch wood. Last year it was hell, spent a fortune on all the usual but nothing seemed to work.

One day a friend suggested that I put one or two small bowls with some warm soapy water down in strategic places. I thought he was off his rocker, until the next day when I discarded about 50 of the little blighters that had drowned therein.

If you have a desk lamp to train on the bowl, apparently thats even more effective.

Just soapy water? i wonder how that works then... Cool i'll give it a try thanks x

Hi, i offer textile insect & pest treatment. The product i use is not available to the general public as you need a licence number to even order it.

Ive had great success so far. Feel free to get in touch.

Thanks

Hi, i offer textile insect & pest treatment. The product i use is not available to the general public as you need a licence number to even order it.

Ive had great success so far. Feel free to get in touch.

Thanks

I have wooden floors, well original floor boards actually, will it damage them?

They are drawn to the heat and light from the lamp at night and the soap in the water makes them drown so they cant escape.

Try a different flea product as the you've been using cant be effective as the life cycle of a flea is 3 months so, in theory, if you administer the treatment every four weeks for 3 months or more, the fleas from the eggs that hatch during that time are killed before they reach adult stage preventing them from laying more eggs.

Eggs can lay dormant for a while though and movement will encourage them to hatch meaning they can stay as an egg for longer than 3 months which is why its advised to hoover thoroughly on a regular basis.

I'd lay off the weekly baths, too and bath just once a month a few days before reapplying the flea treatment.

Lots of bickering helps get rid if them. Spray all cracks and crevices. Advocate from vet expensive but it works

Have you tried diatomaceous earth? I haven't btw, but read that it's effective

Have you tried diatomaceous earth? I haven't btw, but read that it's effective

Never heard of it! but i'm going to google it right away :)

I've just bought DE to add to their dust bath to prevent lice, mixed reviews and some say it can cause respiratory problems in chickens but would imagine the same for most animals.so I guess be very sparing and dust outside!

add DE to their food mix with a little water first so they dont breathe in the dust.

a little garlic in their food will help as well