Bachelors Foods

anyone remember pam heap later to be randall worked as a ledger clerk in the 70s to around 82. she died around 6 months ago

mel randall

hi does anyone know of any old photos of batchelors. we have some of my nan who we think worked there in 1970-80s? olive parkin worked in canteen. we plan to out them in sheffield star.

Hi Blue76, My Mother, Sylvia Taylor (nee Spencer) worked in the typing pool in the 50's and has a number of pics of her and about a dozen other girls sat in an office.

Next time I'm in Doncaster, I'll see if I can locate them and bring them back to Sheffield for scanning and posting on here. I'll also see who she can remember from the office and confirm her years of service.

I worked briefly at Batchelor's after finishing at University in the summer of 1974. I was on the night shift as a "drain man". We used to wander round the factory cleaning out the drains ond other channels from being blocked by bens. peas, water chestnuts, etc.

There was a shed in the middle of the factory on some spare land, the factory complteley encircling it. In the shed were 4 bunks and a tannoy. We used to sped the rest of the night shift on the bunks with half an ear on the tannoy announcements for "Drainmen to XXXXX". Just before end of shift another 30 mins walk around to make sure everything was OK for the incoming shift.

I remember the crap food in the canteen - mainly chips and beans, and the games of 3 card brag that the full timers tried to get the nieve students to participate in.

Lampiao did you used to post on BBC 606 bud or on Mirc, genuine question

Today I bought 3 packets of Batchelors Quick Soak marrowfat peas.Packed by premier Grocery Products Kings Lynne.Bought in Loblaws

I have made it a Xmas and New year Eve tradition.Mushy peas with Tourtiere,which is a traditional french Canadian meat pie

To BYpassblade - It was mirc

Ran uniteds chat room from 1995 till 2009 when the corporate monkeys in suits took over the club web site. Webbo used to run the web site and the fan's forum.

We set up the first live broadcast from Radio Sheffield back about 97 using an old ACER 486 and manged to stream commentary to about 10 ppl world wide!

mirc chatroom still going but only a handful of visitors on match days now - sufcchat.com

Ran uniteds chat room from 1995 till 2009 when the corporate monkeys in suits took over the club web site. Webbo used to run the web site and the fan's forum.

We set up the first live broadcast from Radio Sheffield back about 97 using an old ACER 486 and manged to stream commentary to about 10 ppl world wide!

mirc chatroom still going but only a handful of visitors on match days now - sufcchat.com

I knew it was you, don't know if you remember me from United chat I was Pumpkin or Pumpkin58. I used to love those chat rooms LA Blade & allsorts, Jagielka also my mate of 40+ years Dinky.

How are you these days Lampy?

Edited by Bypassblade

Lampiao did you used to post on BBC 606 bud or on Mirc, genuine question

Dinky still comes in, so does yorkie and ECBlade.

Edited by lampiao
repeated info

Dinky still comes in, so does yorkie and ECBlade.

Names from the past what about Rothers

Names from the past what about Rothers

Not been around for 2-3 years

Got my hands on about a dozen pics from the 1950's (Including crowd scene from what looks like Xmas Dinner & Dance) and will have them up for everyone to see, once I've got a couple of mins...sorry for the delay!!

I found on picture sheffield women workers at batchelors foodsw Limestone cottage claywheels lane ---------------Voo778 posted by B. Woodhead) see if you recognise anyone