Bachelors Foods

Hi JOGI, my father in law, Les Moore went from Sheffield factory To Huntingdon factory in 1963 to be Transport Manager but moved back to Sheffield plant in 1967 when Huntingdon shut. Did you come across him & have any memories of what he did? I assume he would still have been in the transport side of things.

Regards

Johnpm.Hi,hope you well. Sorry that I have no recollection of your father-in-law, Les Moore. All the best, John.

Hi John I worked i DP for Marjorie also typing for Percy and later took Paulinees job I was off work for a while problems with my leg I was on crutches for 16months maybe you remember me now

Hi Angela. Thanks for your reply.My memories of activity outside of computer room have dimmed with time, but I do remember about mid 70's,my first job as assistant to Percy was to sit on a desk outside computer room and write 7 manuals on how to run every job. Percy was worried if I ever left, he'd be stuck! This took several weeks and day by I handed my ins ructions to Lynne Wiseman for typing. She used to sit near Percy's office which was near the bottom of stairs. I also remember going from punch cards to Key Edit. Marjorie and I attended a course in London,1973 for 2weeks to learn this.Can you remember any of this? Also who was Paulinees?. Also was you typing for Percy before or after Lynne?. Bye for now.John

Edited by JOGI

Hi John Pauline was small with red hair she ownsRhinegold Nursery with her family dont remember Lynne Wiseman Anne was typing for Percy and I did after she left do you rember Ruth old lady with grey hair bfn

Angela

Hi Angela. Afraid I don't remember the ladies you mention.It's possible they were there in the late 70's, at a time when I was off I'll, causing me to leave in 1979. The names that come to mind are Sylvia Green who sat at the side of Marjorie,Christine Frost,then computer room staff,Maurice Wright,Harry Ratherham, and from outside, Maureen Croft and Colin Foster. Just remembered I used to come on the same bus sometimes as Angela Bagshawe of Greystones Road area. Was that you?. Bye. John.

Hi All,

I am keith higgins I joined batchelors 1st January 1963 in the post room . moving into financial accounts, before moving into factory planning with George Bentley.

My days in accounts worked for Jack Rhodes and John Guy.

I moved to worksop in 1982 when sheffield factory was closed:

Hi Keith, I started in the Computer Room (which was in the H.Q basement in 1967-1979).My boss was Percy Wolstenhome,from Ledgers?, possibly you knew him.When I left in '79, there was talk of some staff being re-located to Croydon. No doubt we've got some memories to share. Bye, John Gilpin.

P.S. Working in the basement, with it's own entrances, I never really knew how many floors there were above me and which departments occupied them,so would be very interested to know this!.

Can anyone remember my father in law, Thomas Furniss from the 1960s.Thanks Penny.

Hi John

Yes I remember basement very well, you may remember Harry Ratherham from your computer days.

His son mike worked in the factory at the same time as a shift manager.

Can you remember the 3 prefabs at the side of Hagg Cottage where there was a snooker table and table tennis tables ?

Regards

Keith

John

One of your early posts some asked about the chap from the factory who used to take bus tickets on the coach , he also did the gardens around the site.

His name was Vin. Knight, he was also the trade union convenor and had a dodgy arm.

Regards

Keith

Hi Keith. Thanks for your replies. Actually I don't recall the prefabs close to the cottage (bit out of my time)..Regarding Harry, my memories of him are most vivid. We worked side by side for several years on the same shifts and had endless conversations about our early years and of course his playing in the band. I phoned Grace (his wife) just before he died, only to learn he was very I'll and unable to converse. R.I.P Your mention of Vin. Knight reminds of the factory strike. Do you remember this?.