Sheffield Wednesday Transfer Rumours Summer 2016..

Breaking News: He's gone to Norwich. Reported £35k week.

Any proof!!!!!

Norwich after mCcormack at 15 million

so can't see being true about Abdi

Edited by flynnroy

Breaking News: He's gone to Norwich. Reported £35k week.

Money talks,if what your saying is true...

How's United's "comical & embarrassing" pursuit of Leon Clarke going on?

What-ever happened to your "game-changing" investment....?

Found this on the Yorkshire Post site.

Sheffield Wednesday, meanwhile, are leading the race to sign Watford midfielder Almen Abdi who is going to be pushed down the Hornets pecking order by former Rennes recruit Abdoulaye Doucoure.

The Owls benefited from raiding Watford last summer when swooping for Fernando Forestieri and Daniel Pudil and Abdi could be next but the 29-year-old Switzerland international will not be cheap as he still has two years left on his contract.

I thought he was out of contract this month so he must have signed an extended one at some time.

He had been suffering with policemans foot for a while in the past keeping him out of the game, if he is over that now he sounds like a decent acquisition.

Abdi made 32 appearances in the Prem last year.

I can't see this reported story being true somehow.

He's got some decent goals per appearance stats at some clubs, so I'd welcome him to Hillsborough, he looks a decent sort.

Cracking goal on Watford's page.

I'm still taking it with a pinch of salt.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

He's got some decent goals per appearance stats at some clubs, so I'd welcome him to Hillsborough, he looks a decent sort.

Apparently Wednesday are holding back news on any signings until United have clinched the Leon Clarke deal..as that would blow our news out of the water..

Obviously..:hihi:

Been on ssn now aswell

Stating we are the favourite's to sign him

In all fairness there does seem to be something in this. Watford apparently saying that the player returned early from a pre-season tour as he is to be made suplus to requirements.

You then look at a couple of factors. You lot have been desperately looking to bring in a decent central midfielder therefore it would be no shock for you to be looking at this player. In addition to this you lot and Watford seem to have some decent business together of late with Forestieri and Pudil therefore it doesn't seem too far fetch that a player surplus to Watford's requirements would be heading the same way.

In all fairness there does seem to be something in this. Watford apparently saying that the player returned early from a pre-season tour as he is to be made suplus to requirements.

You then look at a couple of factors. You lot have been desperately looking to bring in a decent central midfielder therefore it would be no shock for you to be looking at this player. In addition to this you lot and Watford seem to have some decent business together of late with Forestieri and Pudil therefore it doesn't seem too far fetch that a player surplus to Watford's requirements would be heading the same way.

Maybe, but I thought 32 Prem appearances says that 'surplus to requirements' may be being a bit harsh.

He'll not be cheap either, and I'm not sure about what we'll have to pay for him and if he'll be worth it.

BTW We're not that much in need of a central midfielder.

Bannan and Lee are well comfortable in that job.

If we were that desperate for one, I don't think we'd be offloading McGugan so quickly.

Obviuosly, all improvements are welcome, but the word's not 'desperate'.

Personal attacks have been removed. People should be knowing better.

The Blades didn't do too bad with former Watford players a few years back !

Edited by stpetre
Add

Just seen this on Sky Transfer Centre.

BREAKING NEWS

Norwich City make £10million bid for Fulham striker Ross McCormack, according to Sky sources.

Just seen this on Sky Transfer Centre.

BREAKING NEWS

Norwich City make £10million bid for Fulham striker Ross McCormack, according to Sky sources.

Got told it was 15 earlier. Still a lot of money though. Is he 29 too? Bloody crazy money.