Bierkeller for food??

Has anyone been to Bierkeller for the food? Would love to try it but after having a drunken night in there last week not sure if it would be any good for food. Can anybody recommend it? Or warn me away?

After seeing the manager interviewed in exposed magazine, where he said his favourite German beer was leffe (it's belgian), I don't think I'll be bothering with it.

it's not great. the bratfurst is serviceable but i'd recommend going somewhere else for food and then heading there afterwards.

Happy hour comes with free sausage, its not a dining destination!

It depends what you are looking for I suppose.

If you are looking at basic, acceptable sausage/pizza/burger/pretzel to soak up the steins of lager and add to the party experience then it should do you fine. Menu here http://www.theoriginalbierkeller.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/bk-Menu-May2016.pdf

If you are looking for a nice chef prepared meal using fresh ingredients then there are numerous pubs and restaurants that do meals or quality snacks nearby you could go to for food beforehand.

I would not set foot in the place!

After being there on a night out with the smell of stale beer and people throwing it all over the seats, I can't see it being nice to eat in.