Terraced houses shared access question

Hi, my other half's Nana currently lives in a terraced property which has shared access to the rear in order to get to hers and her neighbours' back door. She wants to build on a sort of porch which would protrude out from the house about a metre. At present there's about 1.5m concrete 'path' which acts as the 'shared access' and due to plants and the concrete turning to garden, would this extension require any planning permission/consultation with neighbour and also are there legal requirements for the width/location of the access?

I'm assuming the deeds will give me some info, but she's stubborn and thinks she can just go ahead and build!

Thanks

I don't know the legal ramifications, but as far as my shared access situation goes, as long people can access their property without too much of a hindrance it's fine. So many off-shots etc. have been built on these properties over the decades people often have to take a somewhat circuitous route to reach their door.

Hi, my other half's Nana currently lives in a terraced property which has shared access to the rear in order to get to hers and her neighbours' back door. She wants to build on a sort of porch which would protrude out from the house about a metre. At present there's about 1.5m concrete 'path' which acts as the 'shared access' and due to plants and the concrete turning to garden, would this extension require any planning permission/consultation with neighbour and also are there legal requirements for the width/location of the access?

I'm assuming the deeds will give me some info, but she's stubborn and thinks she can just go ahead and build!

Thanks

Ignore post #2; and instead consider carefully the easement for access shown on the registered title

Ignore post #2; and instead consider carefully the easement for access shown on the registered title

My post was not meant to be taken seriously as you can see if you look at the link I posted.