Stannington park cafe

Oh ok. I love live music and the decline in venues that offer it is tragic. So many have shut down.

Aren't most curfews 10pm anyway, which isn't late? And fines quite large if disobeyed? Even Bruce has had to pay a few in his time. And been switched off right before Twist and Shout with Macca right there on stage with him! Madness!!

........well "The Boss" can well afford the fines....a bit like my Lawyer who parks his Bently on double yellows, then pays up every few months,not that I am recommending it!

Whilst I don't necessarily agree with mossDog, the style and type of comments from the café owners don't give a very good impression of how the business will be/is being run. I am sure that is not the intention.

Can I offer some polite advice - if you are running a customer focused business please moderate your comments as I'm sure you don't want to give the wrong impression.

Have to say I agree with this. I think the Lomas Hall is quite different, especially when considering its history.

Yes - it was a bit underhand the way the café was opened on the same day as the carnival when the scouts were trying to raise funds from the Lomas Hall kitchen - all staffed by scout-related volunteers. They might have got a bit more local (and moral) support if they'd delayed opening till the following Monday. Yes I know that's the way business works and it's dog eat dog but still...

Yes - it was a bit underhand the way the café was opened on the same day as the carnival when the scouts were trying to raise funds from the Lomas Hall kitchen - all staffed by scout-related volunteers. They might have got a bit more local (and moral) support if they'd delayed opening till the following Monday. Yes I know that's the way business works and it's dog eat dog but still...

Hold on a bit, underhanded, we've had planning permission for 6 years so it would have been nice to be consulted by the carnival committee who knew full well we were due to open. We contacted them several times and we were never contacted back to see what our intentions were. Weve had enough support foe this business to last a life time but we'll always experience negativity from a few small minded people but as you say, this is business!!!!

---------- Post added 17-11-2016 at 12:18 ----------

Whilst I don't necessarily agree with mossDog, the style and type of comments from the café owners don't give a very good impression of how the business will be/is being run. I am sure that is not the intention.

Can I offer some polite advice - if you are running a customer focused business please moderate your comments as I'm sure you don't want to give the wrong impression.

The business is being run to high standard as you can see from the feedback on our facebook page so using our comments towards negativity as evidence of how the business is run is pathetic and irresponsible in my view. People using our business for whatever reason provide enough evidence to support the way we deliver. Not sure if you've used our café but Id suggest calling in and see how much hard work has been put in to offer a much needed service to the community. Have a nice day.

a café in stannington park will do well.

A cafe in stannington park IS doing very well and is very welcome :D

A cafe in stannington park IS doing very well and is very welcome :D

Thanks Choki, great to see all the hard work we and our staff have put in to this business being appreciated. Its not just a cafe/ bistro, its a community that some people will never support. ??

Well good luck to you in your new venture - it has been a long time coming and will be very well used I'm sure.

Ignore all the negative comments - some people are so set in their ways.

Edited by Daven

You have misunderstood me. I have been in your cafe several times and think it's great. All I suggested (and politely) was not to be publicly rude to people who don't like your cafe, ie don't bite. Again I think your cafe is great, but what do I do now that you have just called me pathetic for trying to help you ?

Hold on a bit, underhanded, we've had planning permission for 6 years so it would have been nice to be consulted by the carnival committee who knew full well we were due to open. We contacted them several times and we were never contacted back to see what our intentions were. Weve had enough support foe this business to last a life time but we'll always experience negativity from a few small minded people but as you say, this is business!!!!

---------- Post added 17-11-2016 at 12:18 ----------

The business is being run to high standard as you can see from the feedback on our facebook page so using our comments towards negativity as evidence of how the business is run is pathetic and irresponsible in my view. People using our business for whatever reason provide enough evidence to support the way we deliver. Not sure if you've used our café but Id suggest calling in and see how much hard work has been put in to offer a much needed service to the community. Have a nice day.

You have misunderstood me. I have been in your cafe several times and think it's great. All I suggested (and politely) was not to be publicly rude to people who don't like your cafe, ie don't bite. Again I think your cafe is great, but what do I do now that you have just called me pathetic for trying to help you ?
I don't know of anyone objecting to or who does not like the cafe at all...........but the prospect of live outdoor music is possibly a cause for concern especially for scores of people who's gardens border the park.More information as promised by the owner at an open house meeting to answer questions is a good idea.

Meanwhile people coming on the forum who don't actually live near the area concerned posting rude, juvenile and silly comments would be wise to desist so as not to further alienate local residents till the matter meets a satisfactory resolution to those concerned. I believe the present application has been withdrawn and hope that any new application will meet some of the concerns of residents affected.

Meanwhile keep up the good work of the cafe and the coffee is great!

Edited by mossdog

Has anyone else received a planning application ref:-17/01148/FUL through their door this week for the cafe to extend their premises by sighting 3 pre-fabricated buildings in the park. I've never been in so don't know how big it is inside but looks like they must need the space for their customers. I must try it sometime as heard good reports about their menu, especially the milkshakes.

I have visited the cafe several times now and its a delightful place, reasonable prices too. Look forward to returning. Polite and friendly staff