Road closures with no advance signs

I've found this happening a few times recently.

Parkside road has been closed, which is fine, I can easily go around it.

But, and this this what annoys me. NOT IF I DON'T KNOW IT'S CLOSED UNTIL I REACH IT....

Amey did exactly the same thing to Derek Dooley Way as well last week.

No sign on the parkway that it was closed. Then a diversion, which took you straight back to Parksquare roundabout. Waste 5 minutes of my time because they can't be bothered to put a sign on the parkway saying "DD Way closed"... I didn't need diversion signs, I just needed to know not to bother turning off in that direction!

But, and this this what annoys me. NOT IF I DON'T KNOW IT'S CLOSED UNTIL I REACH IT....

No sign on the parkway that it was closed. Then a diversion, which took you straight back to Parksquare roundabout. Waste 5 minutes of my time because they can't be bothered to put a sign on the parkway saying "DD Way closed"... I didn't need diversion signs, I just needed to know not to bother turning off in that direction!

Yes, very maddening. They also do it on bus routes without informing the bus companies.

Is Parkside Road still closed do you know? I've got to go that way in about 10mins.

I got caught in the DD way 'diversion'.

from what I could see there was one man asleep in a van on the work site.

Is Parkside Road still closed do you know? I've got to go that way in about 10mins.

I know it's a bit late, but nope it isn't. Just come that way myself.

They close huge sections of motorway at night with little warning and no notice on things like RAC traffic apps etc. You might get a bit of warning at your "home" slip road but you've Bob hope further down the road unless you use it regualrly.

Open last night.

They're only closed for an evening, but it's very annoying to know you could have taken a different route if only they'd put some signs out further up the road.

Yep, like last week when it was closed and I had to go through oughtibridge to get home... if I'd known earlier I'd have gone up onto langsett and through Hillsborough corner. Grrr

Got caught out with this on Friday night whilst trying to get to work for my night shift. No notices on Holme Lane or Bradfield Road. By the time I was stuck at the lights, to get onto Penistone Road there was no way to get out of it cos I had passed all available exits and there were other vehicles behind me!

Yep, like last week when it was closed and I had to go through oughtibridge to get home... if I'd known earlier I'd have gone up onto langsett and through Hillsborough corner. Grrr

Yeah, I got through just before they totally closed catchbar lane, my friends who didn't see my message had to do the same as you. We could all have gone through Hillsborough or Wisewood as an alternative that was shorter.

---------- Post added 01-06-2016 at 20:30 ----------

Got caught out with this on Friday night whilst trying to get to work for my night shift. No notices on Holme Lane or Bradfield Road. By the time I was stuck at the lights, to get onto Penistone Road there was no way to get out of it cos I had passed all available exits and there were other vehicles behind me!

And I saw that queue as well. They'd literally stopped people at the little Asda, but these people then had nowhere to go...

They are working on Halifax Road, from the Sainsbury's to Kilner Way tonight.