Abbeydale Road road works - 1/6/16

They are digging up Abbeydale Road opposite the bottom of Edgedale Road. Traffic is down to one lane - light controlled so you can still get passed. It didn't look like it will be cleared by rush hour so you might want to choose another route if you can.

traffic is slow but it does move, the biggest back log is down Archer road as they try to join Abbydale road past the lights, as people coming from Millhouses end skip through the Amber light blocking the junction so only 1 or 2 cars can pass through the green at the bottom of Archer Road

It appears that many are avoiding the area and going up Chesterfield Road through Woodseats and queuing from the bottom of Derbyshire Lane. I doubled back to Abbeydale Road and found the traffic up there less busy than normal despite the temporary lights.

These lights made traffic horrendous the other day. Backed up to London Rd.

These lights made traffic horrendous the other day. Backed up to London Rd.

Yes been a nightmare this morning couldn't be in a much worse place I assume its emergency work but have to say it was disappointing to see no work taking place on the way home this evening I would have thought they would have been working certainly while it was light to get it completed quickly.

Temporary lights now gone.