Recommend dog boarding (not kennels)

Hi,

I will be going away for a few days and I need somewhere to look after our dog. I would really rather not use kennels. It is for a 2 year old pug, he is fully vaccinated. He is fine with other dogs, but is quite excitable at times.

He loves to be with us, so I wouldn't like to have him shut in kennels for most of the day.

Can anyone recommend somewhere? I'd like to keep the cost down where possible.

I also have 2 cats, one is mainly outdoors so I could probably ask my neighbour to check on her and leave her some food in the shed every day. She doesn't get on with other cats (she tolerates the littler one), and would probably yowl constantly if I put her in kennels :(

The younger one would have to go to a cattery.

I either use Bed and Biscuits in Nether edge, or my dog walker Ali (can give tel no if needed) who will stay in our house and dog sit & walk/house sit while we're away.

If you've cats as well, it might be worth looking at a house/animal sitter?

I'd recommend sues cat sitting for the cats

And Amanda's doggy den for your dog

Su Salvati at croft farm - corina does the kennels but su does home boarding.

May be a bit late but I run Barking Mad in and around Sheffield where dogs stay with a host family. It's one on one and the family would carry out his daily routine while you were away.

Andy

0114 3032555

andy.beck@barkingmad.uk.com

I'm on the hunt for dog boarding / dog sitting services again! I didn't end up going away in the summer, but I will be away for 3 days for a family wedding in March next year.

All my family are going so I can't ask any of them to look after the animals.

I've tried Muttlins but they were already full :(

Hi Isabelle ,

I run Paws in Front we are taking bookings at the moment for next year our facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/pawsinfront .

Many thanks

Rosie and Zac

We also except dogs that aren't neutered and we also do cat sitting or we can pop in to yours to put food and play with if needed.

Edited by Taylor-Mae
Adding info

That one looks good, but unfortunately he's not neutered so they wouldn't take him. Is this a common policy with dog boarding?

It depends on what other dogs they have. Most will expect them to be neutered, vaccinated, chipped and sociable.