Tig welding crash course?

I did ten years in a heavy construction shop on leaving school, then left the trade, I bought my own little welder at 10 bob a month I still have it under bench,it is a Elto 90amp,it was good for car work,..14gauge rods and 12, for other work,I now have a 150 amp mig it gets little use now as now i find it hard to keep on the joint with my eyes,  not being good for close work at ( 77) it will not be sold.

1 hour ago, smithy266 said:

I think if you are serious about it, nip to Machine Mart and buy a welder. Then practice, practice, practice.. i went on a welding course years ago at Hope Valley College...bought a mig welder a few years back, and it is so useful...

This is ok for mig, if doing some angle iron shelves in the garage etc. That is my level and what I did.

Tig is a different beast and needs to be learned properly. Otherwise just mig weld.

If you want to do either right go on a course.

The best way to learn is get someone to show you the basics and then practice all you can.  When it comes to TIG welding there are a lot of things the will not teach you on a course ( walking the cup, purging ect ) these are things you will have learn from someone or teach yourself.