If you stole my Honda Jazz last night?

.... got of the phone with the insurers and it sounds like my no-claims is protected...
don't expect too much. You might find if you stick with your current insurer that "inflation";) has caused the premium to go up significantly and for any new quotes you will be asked if you've made any claims before they give you a price.

We have a very squeaky gate and a couple of neighbours whose idea of a fun time is to constantly watch the comings and goings in our cul-de-sac. Touch wood we've been very lucky so far.

Get one of those keyless lock doors, shuts behind you.

That would be disastrous, I am already locking myself out on a frequent basis as it is!

Still thinking about your dilemma, I am sure you are so mortified, and stressed out.

I hope you soon get your car back, it so strange how circumstances overtake us, and its sods law, that an opportunist thief took full advantage of the circumstances.

We had some contact a while ago, and I know you have a poorly dog, as well.

It never rains but what it pours !

I send you my best wishes, and hope you can find some peace, despite this awful trial.

I hope your doggie is comfortable, and I am sure, you are giving all the love and care you can muster.

Let there be a happy and rapid outcome, with your stolen car.

Keep on at SYP they found my car, but they had left it in the middle of the road.

It was reported to the police, by a house owner.

All the best.

Thanks for your thoughts, don't worry too much though, I am pretty level-headed when stuff like this happens.

don't expect too much. You might find if you stick with your current insurer that "inflation";) has caused the premium to go up significantly and for any new quotes you will be asked if you've made any claims before they give you a price.

Thanks for the heads-up, I always check prices anyway though :)

Probably the same theiving gits that stole our power tools from our property on Tuesday nite, but somehow my post on here was removed, wonder if it was because of my threats

Sadly, the bottom line is, this has happened, it will resolve itself in time, NO ONE HAS DIED !Its part of lifes nasty tapestry, these things happen all the time, and we have to put on our big boys pants.

Material things can be replaced, people cant, I know your car is precious, but its just plastic metal and cloth.

You can get a another car,absorbe the financial loss, no one lost their life !

Its living matter that is invaluable, that cant be replaced, i know !

I wish you all the best, and nasty threats are all futile.

What are the chances the thief will be reading this? he is too busy ragging the crap out of the car or planning which shop he is going to ram raid with it.

just claim insurance and move on instead of fantasing he will read this and feel guilty and return your car with full tank of fuel

Ram raid with a Honda Jazz?? :D

Sorry OP no offence intended.

Ram raid with a Honda Jazz?? :D

Sorry OP no offence intended.

You could ram raid a market stall with it? ;)

why dont you try and get run over by a car? you will know the force of impact its very high. anycar will smash though a shop front with ease

To be honest, you don't want the car back. Just prepare yourself for the usual insulting insurance settlement figure and don't accept the first one they give you.

I've got it back! Well, the police have. They found it about a mile away from here and it seems in pretty good order (not seen it myself yet).

They will keep it a few days to check it for fingerprints and so on and then I can collect it. I am delighted with the efforts of the police in this case. Top job and hopefully it will lead to an arrest so some scruff can explain to the judge that he is psychologically fragile due to his parents divorcing and his cocaine habit.

That's nice to hear tzijlstra. Hope it's not too badly damaged, mine wasn't. My Jazz was found about 10 miles away. I was shocked to get it back, I'd resigned myself to never seeing it again. It was checked by 3 different mechanics and was mechanically alright, the bodywork was repaired and everything is ok and she's running beautifully. Don't hold out much hope of catching the toerags as far as I known the thieves that burgled me were not caught but it will all come back on them one day. Get it repaired and put it behind you and enjoy your car again. Good luck.

I've got it back! Well, the police have. They found it about a mile away from here and it seems in pretty good order (not seen it myself yet).

They will keep it a few days to check it for fingerprints and so on and then I can collect it. I am delighted with the efforts of the police in this case. Top job and hopefully it will lead to an arrest so some scruff can explain to the judge that he is psychologically fragile due to his parents divorcing and his cocaine habit.

Thats great news, hope its ok.