If you stole my Honda Jazz last night?

You can bring it back, to where you stole it, leave the keys on the left front-tyre. If not, I hope A) the police find you. Failing that: B) you use it to drive into a brick wall and lose both your legs.

Edit: Forgot to say: Thanks SYP for responding to this quickly and professionally.

Edited by tzijlstra

How did they nick it? Did they get your keys?

Got the keys from the kitchen, we left a door unlocked (I know, stupid, but we were both knackered after a 12 hour journey from the Isle of Lewis and coming home to a dead fridge freezer and a house stinking to high-hell), they snuck in whilst we were upstairs.

Apparently another car was stolen the same night just round the corner from us. So be aware in S6 - lock your doors, and check, double-check whatever happens.

Sorry to hear this and I really hope you get your car back in good order mate.

By the way, I dont think you were stupid. Its your home, you should be able to leave your keys lying around in it without some scum thinking they can just take them.

Ill keep my fingers crossed you get a result.

I an so very sorry you have had your car stolen.

It happened to me a few years ago, I was mortified, and so upset !

I took great care of my car, and had it from new.

I am sure you must be upset, and angry, don't worry, it will turn up, I hope.

Mine was vandalised, and driven 1 mile away, to Walkley.

Unfortunatly, car thieves have great skills at steeling cars, its how they make a living !

I lost a 9 years no claims bonus, I hadn't any money to pay for the repairs.

They had jumped up and down on the bonnet, as well, it was badly dented.

I hope your car is fond and returned quickly.

Keep us posted, as to the outcome, again, I am so sorry xxx

Hope you get your car back undamaged and they catch em.

Thanks all, in a way I am quite relieved because they basically walked past a near new V70 that cost an arm and a leg, but we keep those keys in a safe place all the time. I think the dog stirred (unfortunately not enough to wake me though) and they decided to take the nearest thing they could find, which unfortunately were my keys. Also just (finally) got of the phone with the insurers and it sounds like my no-claims is protected and they won't be too difficult paying out. Just wonder how long it will take as I need a car to go to job-interviews and project-meetings and the like...

SYP must have changed, they never even came near me when my car was stolen.

They just rang to say it was on Fern Rd in Walkley.

I was given a crime reference number . . . for the insurance claim . . . end of.

The insurance company went to collect it, cos it was undrivable.

It cost me £275 and lost my no claims.

The police never even attempted to find the culprit/culprits.

I hope you get a far better outcome than I did.

---------- Post added 30-05-2016 at 16:35 ----------

See if you can get a curtesy car from your insurance company.

I managed to get one.

Im insured up to the hilt now, with bells and bows.

I learned a nasty hard lesson, I cried with relief, when my car was returned.

GOOD LUCK!

SYP must have changed, they never even came near me when my car was stolen.

They just rang to say it was on Fern Rd in Walkley.

I was given a crime reference number . . . for the insurance claim . . . end of.

The insurance company went to collect it, cos it was undrivable.

It cost me £275 and lost my no claims.

The police never even attempted to find the culprit/culprits.

I hope you get a far better outcome than I did.

---------- Post added 30-05-2016 at 16:35 ----------

See if you can get a curtesy car from your insurance company.

I managed to get one.

Im insured up to the hilt now, with bells and bows.

I learned a nasty hard lesson, I cried with relief, when my car was returned.

GOOD LUCK!

That was half what I expected, but I think because there were two in the same road (more or less) and the same time they sat up and took notice. It changed from an officer coming in 24 hours to an officer coming within an hour. They were excellent and so far sorted things out as much as they can. They did tell me that I would have to look for it myself though, I tried. Sheffield is too big ;)

sorry to hear that. must admit we leave our car/house keys near the back door alot out of habit. shouldn't do but when you tired your not always thinking

sorry to hear that. must admit we leave our car/house keys near the back door alot out of habit. shouldn't do but when you tired your not always thinking

How sad that we cannot leave they keys anywhere we want in our own homes, our property, the property we pay rent and mortgages for.

I really sympathise with you my Honda Jazz was stolen last year, along with other items from my home, under similar circumstances.

If it's any consolation, mine was found by police 4 days later. It had a broken wing mirror and what I would call cosmetic damage, just some scratches. They also left the key on the dashbord. I was lucky they did no damage in my home in fact, if they had closed the door and turned the light out I wouldn't have know they had been in (I was in bed at the time and heard nothing). Yes I was angry but it could have been a lot worse.

Don't give up hope you may get it back, I did. Good Luck.

P.S. Officers from the Robbery squad came several times and were brilliant, so a big thanks to South Yorkshire Police.