New Top Gear (Evans/LeBlanc)

Kevin was funny, but I find the guest section tedious, I want to watch cars race planes, not watch a boxer awkwardly read from the autocue.

Not seen any of the new series neither will I, I hate Chris Evans & Matt Le Blanc Top Gear sadly died when Clarkson, May & Hammond left.

RIP Top Gear that I loved :mad:

But the format was already dying before Clarkson was booted. They'd run out of ideas for challenges and the series' were getting fewer with longer gaps between them, and viewing figures were dropping, from 7M viewers in 2007 down to about 4m.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/top-gear-seven-ways-save-2123352

Edited by alchresearch

But the format was already dying before Clarkson was booted. They'd run out of ideas for challenges and the series' were getting fewer with longer gaps between them, and viewing figures were dropping, from 7M viewers in 2007 down to about 4m.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/top-gear-seven-ways-save-2123352

I'll agree with you on that, but still pulled 4m on regular basis, and yes they had run out of ideas but the presenters had a personality.

Not seen any of the new series neither will I, I hate Chris Evans & Matt Le Blanc Top Gear sadly died when Clarkson, May & Hammond left.

RIP Top Gear that I loved :mad:

that's a shame because the new series seems to be growing into a pretty decent program about cars now and less like 3 middle aged blokes auditioning for next vacancy in last of the summer wine.

At least give the Ferrari 250 tdf part a watch. Stunning car. Skip the Evans bit to the the Focus RS bit, and the hoonigan mustang round London.

Any truth in the rumours that Jenson Button is still headed for a permanent role in TG?

It was a bit better, I'm not for a minute going to suggest it's better than Clarkson TG Evens is a bit to.. show hosty for me, he tried to be entertaining rather than letting it flow naturally. The RS and TDF film were good, even the Ken Block film was good, but the studio bits are terrible and the interviews are difficult to watch sometimes.

Can't say I loved the 3rd episode. Chris Evan's voiceover narrative is appalling. In the first episode I thought it was on purpose to mock Clarkson but he has persisted with it.

The two new presenters' features were very much like old Top Gear. That's ok if you want a purely consumer based show but the BBC didn't hence they scrapped old Top Gear and brought back Jezza. Fifth Gear filled that void but then went rubbish trying to emulate new Top Gear itself.

Agree with Cyclone about the interview section. Kevin Hart has been better than the rest. But I really don't care what the audience thinks about who had the best first car and current car. It's like on Pointless; I have no interest what Gladys from Poole does with her retirement, I want to know if my own answer of Sleepers was pointless for films starring Robert De Niro! Argghhhh!

I think it will be canned after this series.

The episode where Evans was pushed out on a stretcher was painful to watch I have watched 2 now and cant believe they have tried so hard to emulate the chemistry the other guys had before Clarkson the twonk dinosaur messed up with his fistycuffs!

Apparently Evans is to get less screen time from now on, and the 2 new presenters from Xtra gear or whatever it was are to get more of the pre video'd slots.

Evans is awful. His studio bits are absolutely terrible and his voiceovers in the videos are as though he's trying to be like Clarkson. The celebrity bit is rubbish too. Why get 2 guests on that don't have anything in common? As for them reading each others advert/promotion, that is cringeworthy.

Take Evans out of it though and the last 2 shows have been good. I like Le Blanc and Chris Harris & Rory Reid were really good on the latest show, I hope we get to see more of them. The video last week where they brought in Tinie Tempah, Charlene Spiteri & Seasick Steve to do the whole challenge with them was a great idea, which I thought worked very well. I even thought Evans was alright in that one.

The first show was terrible but the last 2 have made up for it. They've got to change the studio bits though, they're awful.

Not a bad episode. Even when he's not on screen though, Evans acts like he wants to be (standing in the audience with a bag on his head just screams "attention seeker").

I don't think Le Blanc is that good, its just that Evans makes him less terrible!