New Top Gear (Evans/LeBlanc)

To be fair it just wasn't his thing. Even Le Blanc is more of a car guy who seems to actually enjoy it. I would:

Am I riight in thinking you mean "Captain Charisma Evans", well he does love cars especially Ferrari's and once paid 5m for one, he'll have left as he's as entertaining as a cold chip.

Well the public have got their wish, Evans has gone.

Thank goodness I say. The man was quite useless as the "main" presenter.

Angel1.

If the BBC have listened to the public and advised him to leave I wonder if that will cause uncertainty about the program and those who liked Evans take to social media demanding a kind of second referendum for Evans to stay? :)

To be fair it just wasn't his thing. Even Le Blanc is more of a car guy who seems to actually enjoy it. I would:

Am I riight in thinking you mean "Captain Charisma Evans", well he does love cars especially Ferrari's and once paid 5m for one, he'll have left as he's as entertaining as a cold chip.

He's a Ferrari fan boy, just because he has a multi million pound collection of Ferraris doesn't make him a car guy. That cringey piece where he cried over the Mclaren? Come on.

The very last episode where he reviewed the MG Abingdon Edition was how Chris should be, for me it was his best bit of the whole series, he managed to not get too gobby, glad he has gone though.

The very last episode where he reviewed the MG Abingdon Edition was how Chris should be, for me it was his best bit of the whole series, he managed to not get too gobby, glad he has gone though.

Grudgingly I have to agree, that was a decent piece.

Maybe he just needs to be a reporter rather than the anchor?

finally got round to watching this. got to say it's just not the same as with clarkson and co, well infact i think the problem is it's too much like it. the show should of had an overhaul instead of using the same format with different presenters

I'm by no means a 'huge fan' of Top Gear, but I like watching it.

This will undoubted be a big 'media topic' because I would guess this had a large viewing figure.

My thoughts were this:

I don't like this new TV thing of amplifying - what is already noisy - clapping and cheering! It deafens me, and it seemed worse than before. It reminds me of trash like Britain's Got Talent and Ant n Dec type programmes. I didn't like this at all.

To add to above, Evans was high-pitched shouting all throughout in the studio bits. It just seemed a bit over the top.

This was even more noticeable because LeBlanc is quite quiet in comparison to Evans. It was too much of a contrast.

On the plus side,

I thought the content was good, the script was good [as before]. i.e deliberately pretty trashy / informal.

LeBlanc I didn't really know anything about other that he was in an US comedy, so I didn't know what to expect, and tbh was more thinking of the Evans thing before watching, but I thought he was good.

I thought Evans was good in the films though, when he wasn't being loud and annoying which is how I viewed him before.

I'll continue to watch.

I know this is old news now, however, I agree totally with your post. Particularly about the fact that Chris Evans was too loud and this was compounded by the fact that Matt LeBlanc is much more quietly spoken.

I also think LeBlanc was good, and I am embarrassed to say that I didn't expect him to be as good as he was. As I said though, old news now! :)

I know this is old news now, however, I agree totally with your post. Particularly about the fact that Chris Evans was too loud and this was compounded by the fact that Matt LeBlanc is much more quietly spoken.

I also think LeBlanc was good, and I am embarrassed to say that I didn't expect him to be as good as he was. As I said though, old news now! :)

I thought they probably calmed Evans down a bit in the later ones. He was no where near as bad as the first one!

I've not heard much since Evans left it (good decision by him to quit btw), but will be interested to see who hosts it next. I liked LeBlanc in it, so hope he stays.

Unless Ant n Dec take over it, I'll probably still watch it. I don't think it needs someone so in your face like Evans. None of the old cast were really.

The Beeb told Captain America to calm down?

Nobody gives our Captain Rogers orders :)

The BBC just don't get it, do they. Throwing money at a problem doesn't fix things:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/matt-le-blanc-return-top-8610955

I think it's Clarkson fans who don't get it:

Chris Evans' Top Gear 'is bigger global hit than Jeremy Clarkson version'

“I am very happy with programme sales,” said the BBC Worldwide chief executive, Tim Davie. “[Chris Evans’s Top Gear] has sold into over 130 territories which is very strong and marginal growth versus the previous season [Clarkson’s last].”

Davie said that although there had been “ups and downs” with Top Gear’s ratings, the show remains a financial cash cow.

Whilst that's the case they have plenty of opportunities, and money, to improve it.