New Top Gear (Evans/LeBlanc)

Euhmmmm...

OK, it could grow on me once they iron out the plastic feel it has at the moment. But it doesn't seem too likely from what I have seen tonight. I also wonder why they are so focussed on the US...

Your thoughts?

I thought that Evans would be okay, and LeBlanc would be woeful.

As I watched it I thought that Evans was painful, and LeBlanc was quite good.

I heard it was pretty awful.

I had high hopes partly because I loved Friends, sad I know lol

But It was bad with a big B.

I will give it another go and watch the next episode but if it is more of the same then I wont tune in again.

I thought that Evans would be okay, and LeBlanc would be woeful.

As I watched it I thought that Evans was painful, and LeBlanc was quite good.

I went in without preconceived ideas, I wanted it to be good, I agree though, LeBlanc came across as the guy they need to anchor it, whilst Evans came across as an amateur trying too hard.

I agree that Le Blanc was the best in the show but overall the feel has to be likened to Brigette Jones Underwear!

I can't imagine for a minute that it can be any worse than the show when Clarkson, May and Hammond hosted it?

'My car is faster than yours' nonsense and absolute drivel.

Good riddance to poor programming.

Should have been totally scrapped after what happened with the previous presenters, the show sort of formed itself round them and trying to mould diifferent people into the format doesn't work. Bring back William Woolard.

I watched about 15-20mins and was amazed by how amateurish it all looked and how it was sort of trying too hard.

Remember the film Good Morning Vietnam? well it reminded me of the guy that replaces Robin Williams on the radio show.

I hated the Clarkson creation as the show was like a comic for the sort of person that would buy those magazines like Zoo and I thought I'd give the new one a try but I won't bother again

I'll give it a year before it is pulled and sent to 'Room 101'.

It was funny looking at the comments on Top Gears Facebook page, grown up full scale so called adults almost blubbering over a tv show, almost as embarrassing as football ball fans.

I'm by no means a 'huge fan' of Top Gear, but I like watching it.

This will undoubted be a big 'media topic' because I would guess this had a large viewing figure.

My thoughts were this:

I don't like this new TV thing of amplifying - what is already noisy - clapping and cheering! It deafens me, and it seemed worse than before. It reminds me of trash like Britain's Got Talent and Ant n Dec type programmes. I didn't like this at all.

To add to above, Evans was high-pitched shouting all throughout in the studio bits. It just seemed a bit over the top.

This was even more noticeable because LeBlanc is quite quiet in comparison to Evans. It was too much of a contrast.

On the plus side,

I thought the content was good, the script was good [as before]. i.e deliberately pretty trashy / informal.

LeBlanc I didn't really know anything about other that he was in an US comedy, so I didn't know what to expect, and tbh was more thinking of the Evans thing before watching, but I thought he was good.

I thought Evans was good in the films though, when he wasn't being loud and annoying which is how I viewed him before.

I'll continue to watch.