Sentinel brewhouse and eatery

Just had a brewery tour, beer flight and pizza at Sentinel and it was great. The beers from the brewhouse are much better than the bottles I've had previously. Expensive.... yeah, but I'm getting won over.

Pizza was amazing.

Just had a brewery tour, beer flight and pizza at Sentinel and it was great. The beers from the brewhouse are much better than the bottles I've had previously. Expensive.... yeah, but I'm getting won over.

Pizza was amazing.

I know one or two people who booked that package via Groupon, all seemed to have enjoyed it.

Had a great afternoon there yesterday...they do a beer soaked peach and prosciutto pizza that is to die for. The beer is expensive, but it's a treat so we didn't care.

Had a great afternoon there yesterday...they do a beer soaked peach and prosciutto pizza that is to die for. The beer is expensive, but it's a treat so we didn't care.

That sounds bloody delicious actually. My mate wants to go to the Beer Engine for food for his birthday but I said Sentinel might be a good alternative. Anyone experienced both?

That sounds bloody delicious actually. My mate wants to go to the Beer Engine for food for his birthday but I said Sentinel might be a good alternative. Anyone experienced both?

Yes. I`m a big fan of both. The chef at the Beer Engine has changed, I believe, but the fella is highly rated and there you`ll be more likely to get a big range of ales. Last time at Sentinel I must admit that I ran out of beers that I wanted to drink and ended up with a second Steel City one that was 10% ish.

Yes. I`m a big fan of both. The chef at the Beer Engine has changed, I believe, but the fella is highly rated and there you`ll be more likely to get a big range of ales. Last time at Sentinel I must admit that I ran out of beers that I wanted to drink and ended up with a second Steel City one that was 10% ish.

Yeah that's always the problem in Sentinel. The beer is good quality but not exciting. But then I'm not sure I necessarily want an imperial hop bomb with food. Anyway it's ultimately not my choice, but I'll make a point of trying both and some point.

11.5% to be precise

all beer is session beer. The length of the session may vary...

11.5% to be precise

all beer is session beer. The length of the session may vary...

So true. Doing a Rutty Tap Takeover aren't you Dave? Tho I don't know when... Will this be long or short sessions? :)

I've helped organise one, it's not my beers - well one of them is a collab of mine. I'll post a separate thread for it, but it's Black Metal Brewery of Edinburgh and Tanker Brewery of Estonia

Beers range 3.5 - 8ish

I was in Sentinel last night hiding from the rain ... as one does ... and took advantage of their 4 - 1/3rds for £5 minus the loyalty card discount came to £4.50 and although they are not exciting they are good session ales to try.

Their orange stout I tried on opening day hasn't improved at all, I feel they have completely taken out all the orange now :(

I was in Sentinel last night hiding from the rain ... as one does ... and took advantage of their 4 - 1/3rds for £5 minus the loyalty card discount came to £4.50 and although they are not exciting they are good session ales to try.

Their orange stout I tried on opening day hasn't improved at all, I feel they have completely taken out all the orange now :(

That's definitely the best way of having Sentinel beers, Pete. I get fed up with them after a third. To be fair, I've not seen many brewers actually pull off an orange stout effectively. They seem to need a lot more oranges than they actually think they do. Surprisingly enough, Fernandes Black Voodoo is probably one of the best I've had, short of the really strong craft stuff.

That's definitely the best way of having Sentinel beers, Pete. I get fed up with them after a third. To be fair, I've not seen many brewers actually pull off an orange stout effectively. They seem to need a lot more oranges than they actually think they do. Surprisingly enough, Fernandes Black Voodoo is probably one of the best I've had, short of the really strong craft stuff.

If we are going to be a bit beer geeky....I find 90% of beers that are described as cherry/orange/mango/coffee/coconut etc etc never deliver on their promise. Mainly because to do so would require tonnes of expensive fruit pulp.

The one exception being Omnipollo fatamorgana.