Sentinel brewhouse and eatery

Yeah I heard James was doing the rounds. Hope he gives Sheffield a kick up the rear. I mean seriously what is the point of doing tap takeovers by Abbeydale and Thornbridge in this area? RedWillow was slightly more sensible as you rarely see them here but Titanic? Very much a brewer who should stick to cask. They need to start getting more adventurous and soon.

---------- Post added 07-04-2016 at 11:56 ----------

I wasn't aware of that regarding Peddler. Thanks for the info. Would disagree about the Beer Engine being the closest best pub though - sure that is the Rutland?

It's called fishing. You got caught! ;)

I must be more careful in the future, thank you.

How exciting !! I wonder if SpiderPeter will add these 2 to his web site !

How exciting !! I wonder if SpiderPeter will add these 2 to his web site !

You are a bit obsessed with SpiderPete! Have you got something going on? LOL. Seriously though, I didn't know he had a site. Can you provide a link?

Sheffieldalepubs . Link is on his posts.

Sheffieldalepubs . Link is on his posts.

Ta chuck. Couldn't see one of his posts on random scrolling.

I wasn't aware of that regarding Peddler. Thanks for the info. Would disagree about the Beer Engine being the closest best pub though - sure that is the Rutland?

My mistake, thought it was the other end of Shreham Street, near Bramall Lane. Looks like its in the old Geoff Hall Carpets building at the other end.

Anyone been in here yet? I was largely underwhelmed, but then it is only half finished. Looks like it might end up being something like the Magic Rock Tap in Huddersfield. Which I do quite like. But then that has the benefit of considerably better beer...

Yeah, been in during beer week. Interesting place. Was the beer still really expensive?

Yeah, been in during beer week. Interesting place. Was the beer still really expensive?

Yup. I had half of the pale and half of the amber, at £4.50 and £5 a pint respectively. I was going to stay for the IPA, but it was freezing (the one heat cannon at the back not really doing the job) and the beer, whilst nice enough, was not very exciting. Certainly not enough to warrant the price.

Went here about 2 weeks ago, set up is very good. Food looked very nice. Ales were all ok but it is a bit pricey. Even with a glass of wine at £6 ( for the Missis) it was coming in at around a fiver a pint. Soon after went to Head Of Steam nice enough place but cheaper, wine and a pint just over £8.

Won't rush back to either but I can appreciate that they are both a good edition to the ale culture. Think I will stick to Kelham island pubs as prices aren't as dear, and it's still good ales.

Popped in to the new Sentinel Brewhouse bar on Shoreham St this evening. Big mistake... No prices displayed, asked for a pint of cask American Red IPA (5.2%) - the normal price in Sheffield for this sort of beer would have been around £3.20. Was charged £4.50! Rip off. Avoid.