Shouted at for blocking someones drive

Put some cones across the drive. Or the school can lobby the council to paint zigzags. You can't be having numpty sheffield tractors parking in your way every 5 minutes. Bloody hoodlums.

Zig Zags don't work the idle sods who can not walk for ten minutes still park on them while looking in the drivers mirror checking their bloody lipstick or false eye brows .

Windmill school at Burncross is a night mare every morning as some churn up the grass verge trying to get within a foot of the school gate .

The council should put cameras up and send them obstruction tickets .

Zig Zags don't work the idle sods who can not walk for ten minutes still park on them while looking in the drivers mirror checking their bloody lipstick or false eye brows .

Windmill school at Burncross is a night mare every morning as some churn up the grass verge trying to get within a foot of the school gate .

The council should be out slapping tickets on them all, round me they spent money putting posts into all the verges to stop the lazy sods parking on the grass, instead of spending money they should have been generating money by dishing parking fines out.

As someone who's drive is frequently blocked by inconsiderate people like you, I can fully understand their frustration. Especially as it is very likely that if you had arrived in time you could have found a perfectly acceptable spot a 2 minute walk away as is most definitely the case at our place.

As someone who's drive is frequently blocked by inconsiderate people like you, I can fully understand their frustration. Especially as it is very likely that if you had arrived in time you could have found a perfectly acceptable spot a 2 minute walk away as is most definitely the case at our place.

Yes exactly. Bloody good post!

---------- Post added 28-05-2016 at 22:51 ----------

100% on this

I can never understand some people's need to park as close to the school as possible. When my daughter was at infants school, which is on a residential crescent, we usually walked. On the odd occasions that I drove her there I always parked on a nearby street and walked the last couple of hundred yards. So much easier than trying to park on the crescent where the school is, and I never got caught up in the gridlock which occasionally happened outside the school - cars parked both sides of the road, churning up grass verges and blocking drives, and reducing the road to a single lane, but with traffic trying to get in both directions, but no spaces for vehicles to pass each other. There are yellow zig zags outside the school gates, but these are ignored also. This is on a crescent which gets no traffic other than school run traffic and the odd unfortunate person who lives on the road and needs to leave or arrive at the same time as the school kids. Meanwhile, I was able to park on a quiet residential road, but well clear of other parked cars or driveways, and totally stress free.

If you are family of disabled people, that's your responsibility, don't vent your anger on others; If you are a carer, do your job patiently and happily otherwise you can quit.

Is that you Glenn Hoddle?

Edited by runningman1

First of all it's not against the law to obstruct someones driveway and the chance's are the resident of the "driveway" has broken the law (Civil Law) by not getting permission to do it, believe me I'm the only one on my road that has paid for planning and registered builders from the council to do it.

However, you don't block it under courtesy and though I can understand people getting sick of school runs blocking them in/out there is no need for the verbal abuse.

First of all it's not against the law to obstruct someones driveway and the chance's are the resident of the "driveway" has broken the law (Civil Law) by not getting permission to do it, believe me I'm the only one on my road that has paid for planning and registered builders from the council to do it.

However, you don't block it under courtesy and though I can understand people getting sick of school runs blocking them in/out there is no need for the verbal abuse.

Live in that persons house for a year or two and deal with idiots day in and day out, come back and tell me how you're still zen calm.

I am more on the op's side than the drive owners bot not 100%.

My crititism is park where you cannot offend anyone and walk. But being late and lazy the op left someone in the car to move it if need be. I may have done the same depending on my circumstances.

But I would not tolerate verbal abuse off the drive owner as, as far as I am aware it is not illegal to block someone off their driveway only if you block them in their driveway. I would move if they was polite enough, I would probably offer the drive owner a fo tablet if they was rude. I like a good argument with bad mannered people. Make them earn their attitude.

I am more on the op's side than the drive owners bot not 100%.

My crititism is park where you cannot offend anyone and walk. But being late and lazy the op left someone in the car to move it if need be. I may have done the same depending on my circumstances.

But I would not tolerate verbal abuse off the drive owner as, as far as I am aware it is not illegal to block someone off their driveway only if you block them in their driveway. I would move if they was polite enough, I would probably offer the drive owner a fo tablet if they was rude. I like a good argument with bad mannered people. Make them earn their attitude.

Ofc you are going to side with the OP if you do it yourself. The first bit of rudeness is blocking their drive in the first place.

Ofc you are going to side with the OP if you do it yourself. The first bit of rudeness is blocking their drive in the first place.

But there was someone in the car that could move it within a minute, so what was the problem?

But there was someone in the car that could move it within a minute, so what was the problem?

The problem is it happens several times a week depending on where your drive is.