Whatever Will Be, Will Be..

Well its the big one this Saturday and lets hope its a perfect end to a great season, there'll be generations of young Owls going to the game having not experienced this sort of thing and it'll be a fantastic experience for them.

After the doldrums since 2000 with only a couple of L1 promotions (as good as they were) to break the monotony, we now face arguably the biggest game in the clubs history, a game changer if ever there was one with the TV riches on offer.

I'm usually a pessimist when it comes to the Owls (been here too long) but this season I've approached games with optimism, we have seemed to be able to win the majority of the "must win" games and I had no doubt that we would brush aside Cardiff and Brighton in the home leg, the away game was a different story but we weathered the inevitable battering and emerged with the result we needed.

Can we beat Hull? I thought the Tigers would run away with the Championship this time around but have had a tendency to freeze on occasion, they had a poor run in with (was it) nine games without a victory and had Derby not got the jitters in the home semi we could easily have been facing the Midlanders. I have a sneaky feeling we may just want it more than them, they have a little unrest with the owner rumoured to be trying to sell up and that could rub off onto the players and coach. Make no mistake they are a good side and we'd need to be at our very best but................

If the worst happens and we dont gain promotion this time there is much to look forward to next season as the man at the helm will not stop until he has his dream.

(Could this stay as a seperate topic mods as its a different perspective on things).

Edited by top4718

Have to agree with all of the above top.

Whatever happens I hope we all have a great day out and it is one to remember.

Just getting here has been so much fun.

It has to be the biggest game because of the staggering amounts of money involved but for me personally it's probably going to be the first and last time I will go to the New Wembley so I truly hope we can do it now we are there.

I know for certain that the Owls fans will be the 12th man - underdogs or not - we have that advantage over Hull. :)

A good title too "Que sera sera".

Got to agree with Top and I must say that most Owls have just got a feeling that it is our year but to a man (and woman) they all say even if it isn't it will not be the end of the world with a great season to look forward too next year.

Just been speaking to an Owl and apparently there were loads of Wednesday Fans over in Hull purchasing tickets paying passers by to go in and purchase tickets. I think it was a huge mistake not to give us 50k and Hull 30k

Looking at the Championship for next season....Newcastle, Villa & Norwich plus Derby & Brighton to name a few would make it much much tougher to get out than it has been this year...

So what a great opportunity we have this weekend...keep everything crossed..

We're All Wednesday Aren't We..?

Good post Top but I feel it's the same for all your fans as you've never been in the Championship play off final before, just don't frezze like we always did, we played okay to final then kapow.

I have a feeling you'll win due to your record in play offs and Hull's dodgy form.

I hope you are right Pete pal. Now get some grub down you! X

Have to agree with all of the above top.

Whatever happens I hope we all have a great day out and it is one to remember.

Just getting here has been so much fun.

It has to be the biggest game because of the staggering amounts of money involved but for me personally it's probably going to be the first and last time I will go to the New Wembley so I truly hope we can do it now we are there.

I know for certain that the Owls fans will be the 12th man - underdogs or not - we have that advantage over Hull. :)

A good title too "Que sera sera".

"Que Sera, Sera"

When I was just a little girl

I asked my mother

What will I be

Will I be pretty

Will I be rich

Here's what she said to me

Que sera, sera

Whatever will be, will be

The future's not ours to see

Que sera, sera

What will be, will be

Hey Peak Girl

I'm on number 6 coach, will keep an eye open for you at Pond Hill :)

Edited by nikki-red

Fingers crossed for you guys...

Fingers crossed for you guys...

Definitely fingers to you guys..........

On the same coach Southey. See you Saturday :)

If we win its in your face blades, if not it was a lovely day out ! :hihi:

If we win its in your face blades, if not it was a lovely day out ! :hihi:

Well said Starlc mate, never a true word said in jest .