SSA Social Care and Community Services

Has anyone had any dealings with SSA Social Care and Community Services ? My uncle is having his care taken over by them and I wondered how good the company is?

It used to pay the minimum wage on zero hour contracts and expected new employees to volunteer their time for induction training. Profit seemed to be the main incentive when I was there.

Has anyone received their care?

CQC think they "require improvement" but to be honest that can mean a lot of diferent things. The only sure test of quality is what your uncle thinks of the service he gets.

Hope it works out

Yes I have read that article thank you

Do people reply on this board?, its like a ghost one, shame, as they are important issues.

We used to have their carers for my mum a few years ago. Carers were generally good, reliable and didn't rush to try and complete the call in speed time, as some companies do.

The package we needed was a large one, consisting of around 42 hours per week. Management changed and they said the package wasn't cost effective to them any more and ended the care, due to a lot of local carers to my mum having left the company and carers having to travel from the other side of the city.