Army camp - Seaton Crescent

Can anyone tell me where to start looking for details of the army camp which was posted between Seaton Crescent and Manor Lane during the war, apparently the gunnery was in Manor Park Centre.

Does anyone have any stories about the camp, Iwould be interested to hear.

Thanks Maureen

I can remember a deep hole on Manor Park Crescent which had rooms at the bottom with large doors to them, in the fifties I thought they were tunnels to Manor Castle but I was only a child then.

The rooms I suspect is where the ammunition was stored. The battery was just past Manor Park Drive on spare ground on the left of the sharp turn down to Manor Park Centre, there was some garages put up directly over the site of the battery, but these will have long gone now.

Hope this is of some help.

Hi

My mother-in-law told me of a german aircraft, that had crashed or had been shotdown, and was kept at the army camp on manor lane, she says, that as a young girl, she went to see it with friends, does anyone have any info?

There is a footpath on Manor Lane below the Manor Castle Pub (that leads to Manor Oakes Rd.) and directly across from there was a path that led to the bottom of the Manor Estate, the Sandersons Sports ground was on the left of the path and the gun site was below that and Corker Bottom