Advice regarding secondary school admissions

Hi all,

We've always intended to move to S10 to have best chance of getting our child into one of our preferred secondary schools.

The question i have, if anyone understands the intricacies of the secondary school admissions policy, is does the length of stay within the catchment area have any bearing on the decision?

I.e. is living within catchment for 6 months just as valid as living there for 2 years?

Does it matter at all?

Do the admissions board even ask for this information?

Any advice appreciated.

Kind regards.

Hi all,

We've always intended to move to S10 to have best chance of getting our child into one of our preferred secondary schools.

The question i have, if anyone understands the intricacies of the secondary school admissions policy, is does the length of stay within the catchment area have any bearing on the decision?

I.e. is living within catchment for 6 months just as valid as living there for 2 years?

Does it matter at all?

Do the admissions board even ask for this information?

Any advice appreciated.

Kind regards.

I applied for my daughter last year and she was accepted to her school of choice. As far as I remember they did not ask how long we had lived at our current address. She starts the new school in September and we have since moved out of the catchment area but this has not altered anything and she will still be attending said school. This is all in Rotherham though so don't know if Sheffield will be different.