Driving test cancellation

Well to cut a long story short I failed my driving test again .. Just wanting to know if there is any helpful tips about the best times to look for test cancellation as I can't get any dates and my theory runs out in August. Thanks

Just keep looking at the website on a daily basis. How long does the theory certificate last?

Lasts for two years

---------- Post added 22-05-2016 at 09:30 ----------

Been looking on it every day but was just wondering if there are peak times that they post new dates

My instructor said early mornings are a good time to check for cancellations and sometimes people cancel on their dinner break

Hope you have more luck on your next test, try to take it easy, they aren't looking for perfection

, they aren't looking for perfection

Well perhaps they ought to be!

Some years ago My instructor told me she had a higher pass rate from Buxton test centre. They seemed to be more lenient examiners she said.

So I found a cancellation out there, went all the way out.....and....Still failed :D

It's worth a thought though....

---------- Post added 22-05-2016 at 11:58 ----------

I failed twice. Once for the stop sign at Ecclesfield facing the church. I stopped....but I didn't apply the handbrake so that was a major fault.

And the one at Buxton...it still aggrevates me now. He told me to go straight ahead, so I did. At the end of the road was a dead end, I pulled into the kerb and declared I couldn't go straight ahead. Major fail on that one. Apparently I should have spotted the dead end sign as we entered the road and told him we couldn't go straight ahead??????

Edited by Bethsmummy

Well to cut a long story short I failed my driving test again .. Just wanting to know if there is any helpful tips about the best times to look for test cancellation as I can't get any dates and my theory runs out in August. Thanks

Even with extended lead times on tests, I can't imagine you'll have too much difficulty in finding a test within your timescale.

Pupils can cancel their tests and retain their fee if they give 3 working days notice. So someone may well be cancelling a test right now for later this week. Just log on to the (proper Govt) website and keep trying. Don't forget to involve your instructor in your choice of date, though.

Beware of copy, fake websites that try to take more money off you that need be, purely to organise your test for you. The proper website will show available test times/dates for your chosen test centre.

When I booked for my daughter I sat there refreshing the browser until I got a cancellation. I'd managed to get one the next week within a couple of hours.

I stopped....but I didn't apply the handbrake so that was a major fault.

You don't have to apply the handbrake at a stop sign. You will fail only if you don't stop. Some driving instructors teach the handbrake at a stop sign to teach them to stop properly.

You don't have to apply the handbrake at a stop sign. You will fail only if you don't stop. Some driving instructors teach the handbrake at a stop sign to teach them to stop properly.

I would have to disagree, you must apply the parking brake at a stop sign.

Hope I am right now I have said that.

Angel1.

He told me to go straight ahead, so I did. At the end of the road was a dead end, I pulled into the kerb and declared I couldn't go straight ahead. Major fail on that one. Apparently I should have spotted the dead end sign as we entered the road and told him we couldn't go straight ahead??????

On the test you don't have to tell the examiner anything or question his directions. He wouldn't tell you to go down a dead end road unless he required a 3 point turn where he would instruct you to pull over. :huh::huh:

---------- Post added 22-05-2016 at 23:06 ----------

I would have to disagree, you must apply the parking brake at a stop sign.

Hope I am right now I have said that.

Angel1.

Wrong Stop means stop and nothing else. Well i should know being a driving instructor. :D

Edited by Event Horizo

When I was trying to find a cancellation slot for a friend of mine 3 years ago, I noticed that 06:00 am was the best time. I don't think what time the cancellation happens make a difference. But around 6.00 am is the time when all these cancelled slots are published for bookings (This is what I think based on my own experience - but I could be wrong)

You can try just after 6.00 am and see if you have any luck.