GET KNOTTED ! Can you show a dummy??

Morning fishing friends, do you know an easy way to tie securely a swivel and also a quick change bead?.

I have lost a couple of fish due to my incompetence, I have watched You Tube and tried to follow instructions for the Palomar knot but I just get in a right mess. Am not saying am thick but my diy is rubbish too!!

I suspect finding someone willing to show me on my local ponds with the patience is my best bet??

Thanks in advance?

use a Palomar knot easiest knot ever, find it on Google.

Have a look at GURU speed beads I find them far better than Preston.

you'll find examples of how to tie them on You Tube, along with a world of other angling knowledge, hints & tips

I'm finding I use it quite often these days for things I'm not so sure about

sorry - meant to say there's loads of examples on You Tube, but some will be more difficult to follow than others

Edited by dars35

You might be better with a book of fishing knots. Diagrams are easier to follow than watching

someone tying a knot.

Just type Palomar knot into google and you will find an animated view, it couldn't be more simple.

Any knots you may need are all there in animation the easiest way to learn, no fingers in the way just thread and an oversized hook to get a clear view.

Cheers for the comments, tried videos, a book or animation may be the answer, thanks again.

If you have a smart phone there's an app called AnimatedKnots or something similar, handy for keeping on there for when you're out - easy to follow diagrams etc.

Netknots.com is a good site.

learn just 3 or 4 properly, depending on what you want to do.

I use the palomar,loop to loop, knotless and surgeon's knots.