UKIP MEP appeals to EU parliament to save her from British justice

She hasn't pretended to be something she isn't, she is an MEP and she has never pretended that she isn't, and with that comes some privileges they may or may not help her in this situation, a situation she wouldn't have been in if she hadn't been a UKIP MEP.

is she not a UKIP MP? thought Ukip wanted to get rid of the EU? or does this only count when it cant be used for their own ends?

from their own manifesto

UKIP will:

Leave the EU and take back control of our borders

now for somebody in a party that vows to leave the EU it seems pretty hypocritical to be using that EU to help themselves when it suits? :huh::help::loopy:

is she not a UKIP MP? thought Ukip wanted to get rid of the EU? or does this only count when it cant be used for their own ends?

No shes a UKIP MEP, one of the reasons given by Labour for staying in the EU is that it needs changing and its best to be in it to change it. Some of us want out, and it best to vote UKIP if you want out because the elected MEP's are in better position to work against it if they are part of it. The enemy within isn't an hypocrite for working the system they oppose.

But if you support the system you should whinge when its used by people you don't like.

No shes a UKIP MEP, one of the reasons given by Labour for staying in the EU is that it needs changing and its best to be in it to change it. Some of us want out, and it best to vote UKIP if you want out because the elected MEP's are in better position to work against it if they are part of it. The enemy within isn't an hypocrite for working the system they oppose.

But if you support the system you should whinge when its used by people you don't like.

yeah thats the thing, invent an arguement that youre destroying it from within, the BNP were hypocrites too, having meps.

they all should have the balls to stand by their politics, if you hate the EU stay out of the EU

yeah thats the thing, invent an arguement that youre destroying it from within, the BNP were hypocrites too, having meps.

they all should have the balls to stand by their politics, if you hate the EU stay out of the EU

That's bizarre idea, if you don't want to be part of the EU you should run away from it, just where would we run too. Can we apply the same to the UK, if you don't like the Conservatives you should leave the country. After all what right do you have to oppose it and use it if you don't support it.

That's bizarre idea, if you don't want to be part of the EU you should run away from it, just where would we run too. Can we apply the same to the UK, if you don't like the Conservatives you should leave the country. After all what right do you have to oppose it and use it if you don't support it.

You are becoming more desparate by the post. Just give in, you won't win this one.

You are becoming more desparate by the post. Just give in, you won't win this one.

There are no winners or losers just different people with different opinions, millions of people oppose the EU and whilst you would love us to go away, it isn't going to happen.

He expressed an opinion just like me, the only person that knows what was meant is Jane, I just happen to agree with her, she might be lying but the words she spoke did sound more like opinion than a statement of fact. Maybe it just the way we speak.

---------- Post added 18-05-2016 at 20:22 ----------

You mean like whinging about someone using the system you support.

---------- Post added 18-05-2016 at 20:26 ----------

She hasn't pretended to be something she isn't, she is an MEP and she has never pretended that she isn't, and with that comes some privileges they may or may not help her in this situation, a situation she wouldn't have been in if she hadn't been a UKIP MEP.

---------- Post added 18-05-2016 at 20:31 ----------

No I'm saying he expressed an opinion on what her words meant, and I expressed an opinion on what her words meant. He says she's a lier and I interpreted her words in the way she says they should have been interpreted. Maybe he just isn't used to the way she speaks. It happens all the time, I say something on here and several people think they know what I mean more than me.

But this isn't about 2 people, you and another bloke down the pub, disagreeing on what someone said and how it should be interpreted; the judge was is full possession of the facts, and has significant legal training.

I think what she said was pretty clear - it isn't a debate about semantics.

where did i say run away from it? stop being an idiot and arguing the toss for the sake of it.

if you dont like the conservatives you dont join them to destroy them from within?

same with labour?

i hate right wing bigots and dirty racists but i wouldnt like hell join them to destroy them from within.

Nor would i ask them for help when i got into a bit of a pickle.

i think what this means is, shes against the EU but suddenly found they can actually be helpful, its NOT all doom and gloom, they do do some good

But this isn't about 2 people, you and another bloke down the pub, disagreeing on what someone said and how it should be interpreted; the judge was is full possession of the facts, and has significant legal training.

I think what she said was pretty clear - it isn't a debate about semantics.

No he was in possession of the words she spoke, and he interpreted them to mean something different to their intended meaning, she knows best what she meant.

I also think what she said was very clear, to me it was an opinion and to her it was an opinion, to the people in the ordinance it was an opinion, nothing about the words she spoke implied that it was statement of fact, that's the problem with language, it's so easy to misunderstand and sometimes that misunderstanding is intentional.

where did i say run away from it? stop being an idiot and arguing the toss for the sake of it.

if you dont like the conservatives you dont join them to destroy them from within?

same with labour?

i hate right wing bigots and dirty racists but i wouldnt like hell join them to destroy them from within.

Nor would i ask them for help when i got into a bit of a pickle.

i think what this means is, shes against the EU but suddenly found they can actually be helpful, its NOT all doom and gloom, they do do some good

Nah - what it means is when you have rather dropped a b.....ck and someone is taking you to task over it you look for a bolthole - even if that bolthole is something that you would deny future generations -

Is there a rather poignant irony in that :D

where did i say run away from it?

If you don't think I should actively oppose it and you don't think I should use it if I don't like it, my only option is to run away from it. I prefer to oppose that which I disagree with, but whilst the country is part of it I can't avoid using it.

No he was in possession of the words she spoke, and he interpreted them to mean something different to their intended meaning, she knows best what she meant.

I also think what she said was very clear, to me it was an opinion and to her it was an opinion, to the people in the ordinance it was an opinion, nothing about the words she spoke implied that it was statement of fact, that's the problem with language, it's so easy to misunderstand and sometimes that misunderstanding is intentional.

Okay if she knows best what she's saying then why not have Jane Collins as the judge presiding over her own case? That way, she, and you will get the outcome that you both think is fair.