UKIP MEP appeals to EU parliament to save her from British justice

UKIP MEP Jane Collins is attempting to avoid British justice by arguing EU parliament gives her immunity.

Ukip MEP Jane Collins invokes her European Parliament 'legal immunity' in British court

Ukip MEP turns to European Parliament to try to block MPs' libel case

Ukip politician wins delay in paying compensation to Rotherham MPs in slander and libel case

MEP Jane Collins bids to avoid paying damages in grooming claims libel case

I'm sure all the UKIP supporters on the forum will join me in criticising this blatant attempt to use the EU to override the British courts.

UKIP MEP Jane Collins is attempting to avoid British justice by arguing EU parliament gives her immunity.

Ukip MEP Jane Collins invokes her European Parliament 'legal immunity' in British court

Ukip politician wins delay in paying compensation to Rotherham MPs in slander and libel case

I'm sure all the UKIP supporters on the forum will join me in criticising this blatant attempt to use the EU to override the British courts.

Yes.

Assuming the accuracy, hiding from justice is not something I look kindly on no matter the political ilk.

The woman's an idiot as shown by the fact that her tweets are now limited to her followers only. When an elected politician has to limit what she says to fellow idiots it's an admission she's all mouth and no brain;

"Only confirmed followers have access to @Jane_CollinsMEP's Tweets and complete profile. Click the "Follow" button to send a follow request."

https://twitter.com/jane_collinsmep

---------- Post added 17-05-2016 at 20:46 ----------

Caven Vines, who until 2 weeks ago was a UKIP councillor in Rotherham and leader of the UKIP group there before he lost his seat, is also part of this defamation claim. There's some interesting debate on here, including from Vines;

https://rotherhampolitics.wordpress.com/2016/05/09/ukip-rotherham-and-the-future/

The courts wouldn't be able cope if MP's were sued every time they told an untruth, or they sued everyone that expressed an unkind opinion about them.

The courts wouldn't be able cope if MP's were sued every time they told an untruth, or they sued everyone that expressed an unkind opinion about them.

That makes it alright then...

That makes it alright then...

Perks of being an MP or MEP, they get to tell lies without the fear of being sued and the public get to express all sorts of desirable opinions about them.

Perks of being an MP or MEP, they get to tell lies without the fear of being sued and the public get to express all sorts of desirable opinions about them.

Not quite - but your not that hot on the finer points. MP's can and do use parliamentary privilege to say things that might otherwise be the subject of legal action (a certain well known footballer from wales springs to mind)

As with anyone else anything they say outside of parliament that is defamatory may leave them exposed to action.

As a UKipper it disgusts me what this lady has done, BUT there are lose cannons in every Party.

Angel1.

Not quite - but your not that hot on the finer points. MP's can and do use parliamentary privilege to say things that might otherwise be the subject of legal action (a certain well known footballer from wales springs to mind)

As with anyone else anything they say outside of parliament that is defamatory may leave them exposed to action.

The point is that MP's lie all the time, and this forum is full of defamatory stuff said about MP's. If they sued every time someone said something bad about them they would have to set up camp in court.

I like the way she described the Labour MPs as 'hypocrites'. That took some front.