Championship Play Off Final 2016

The difference is money and the will to be promoted.

New owners, through their actions already in season one, have shown the intention. None of us saw this coming at all, let alone so quickly.

I think SW are being revolutionised by owners that even the media confirm have delivered on exactly what they have said.

It may be the last thing SU wish to be reminded of but the 2 teams have never been further apart in 15 years and the future looks great for SW. The financial base is the most important thing and we have it.

Seasons in the top half would be welcome and top six, competing in the play-offs is wonderful. Sure there's disappointment, there is in dropping 3 points as there can be in gaining one, but that is football.

What few of us can claim, especially SU, is a stable club, a long term manager who everyone is behind, exciting football, quality players and a chance of being promoted.

SW is in a good place. So too are Barnsley. But that's about it round here as the rest of you are stranded in the footballing dolldrums and the only wind is the hot air you spout.

SW will strengthen for next season.

As for a failed Newcastle; I can't imagine for a minute Benitez delivering in the Champonship. McCarthy, Coyle, Pearson for sure but not a guy used to managing the creme de la creme. Tha's why he failed at Newcastle.

Norwich are mid table at best and Villa may be relegated again.

Derby have to start afresh with Pearson. Brighton looked gutted and I think it'll take a new manager and complete about face to lift the Club. Cardiff, Ipswich, Reading offer little threat.

Different from last season I can see SW being top six all season and clearly the team to beat. Defensively we're sound. Even in the final Hull only managed one wonder goal and that's what it took.

No. The future looks bright. The future looks blue and white.

I wouldn't say he so much failed at Newcastle, they were more or less down when he took over, McLaren and the team were the failure beforehand...

Carlos is an excellent manager. Anyone who has seen his variety of selections and playing styles would know that. He's usually spot on with his subs too.

His big problem towards the end of the season was Bannan and Lee. They had played roughly a billon games between them and looked really rather jaded. We are far too lightweight in midfield. This, and Nuihu are the big areas to focus on pre-season. I expect to see two or three more quality midfielders brought in, along with a striker.

I agree with your assessment of Bannan and Lee, in that role they are asked to cover a hell of a lot of ground.

Carlos is an excellent manager. Anyone who has seen his variety of selections and playing styles would know that. He's usually spot on with his subs too.

His big problem towards the end of the season was Bannan and Lee. They had played roughly a billon games between them and looked really rather jaded. We are far too lightweight in midfield. This, and Nuihu are the big areas to focus on pre-season. I expect to see two or three more quality midfielders brought in, along with a striker.

Fully agree with this, pretty much spot on. Everyone forgets (well united fans do) that we didn't really get going this season until September and still finished top 6.

The difference is money and the will to be promoted.

New owners, through their actions already in season one, have shown the intention. None of us saw this coming at all, let alone so quickly.

I think SW are being revolutionised by owners that even the media confirm have delivered on exactly what they have said.

It may be the last thing SU wish to be reminded of but the 2 teams have never been further apart in 15 years and the future looks great for SW. The financial base is the most important thing and we have it.

Seasons in the top half would be welcome and top six, competing in the play-offs is wonderful. Sure there's disappointment, there is in dropping 3 points as there can be in gaining one, but that is football.

What few of us can claim, especially SU, is a stable club, a long term manager who everyone is behind, exciting football, quality players and a chance of being promoted.

SW is in a good place. So too are Barnsley. But that's about it round here as the rest of you are stranded in the footballing dolldrums and the only wind is the hot air you spout.

SW will strengthen for next season.

As for a failed Newcastle; I can't imagine for a minute Benitez delivering in the Champonship. McCarthy, Coyle, Pearson for sure but not a guy used to managing the creme de la creme. Tha's why he failed at Newcastle.

Norwich are mid table at best and Villa may be relegated again.

Derby have to start afresh with Pearson. Brighton looked gutted and I think it'll take a new manager and complete about face to lift the Club. Cardiff, Ipswich, Reading offer little threat.

Different from last season I can see SW being top six all season and clearly the team to beat. Defensively we're sound. Even in the final Hull only managed one wonder goal and that's what it took.

No. The future looks bright. The future looks blue and white.

i don't think i'd call norwich mid table though, i think they will be up there and tough to beat. the other two relegated teams at the moment i'm not worried about yet, after pre season that could change but going on this season as with last seasons championship clubs but i'm sure after this season clubs will see us as more of a threat than before.

i don't think carlos was naive robbie, hull just out classed us in the end.

I showed a Boro mate, he was ******* himself, specially at the Warnock crashing his tractor, the whippets and the goalie going off for tea

I showed a Boro mate, he was ******* himself, specially at the Warnock crashing his tractor, the whippets and the goalie going off for tea

You're correct,Hitler does have a lot to say.:D

I tell you what doesn't it open doors to other clubs now that Leicester has done it... wonder if its a case of the 4 minuet mile record breaker - one does it, they others do it!

---------- Post added 31-05-2016 at 10:31 ----------

Joking aside, I think he'd do a job for us next season. We need a little height.

Willie Carling could jump higher to head a ball than big Dave can although he always put a shift in.

Having just read Chansiri's statement i would fully expect an influx of players over the summer with the aim of the top two come the end of next season..

Its only a matter of time before Wednesday get in the Premier League...:banana::banana:

Having just read Chansiri's statement i would fully expect an influx of players over the summer with the aim of the top two come the end of next season..

Its only a matter of time before Wednesday get in the Premier League...:banana::banana:

i just hope they don't go silly though. we had the big influx last pre season, we have the makings of a promotion team just needs some extra quality in certain areas

i just hope they don't go silly though. we had the big influx last pre season, we have the makings of a promotion team just needs some extra quality in certain areas

as i said in mi other post yesterday, keep the main players, get rid of a few fringe players and replace with some better players