Championship Play Off Final 2016

It wasn't an embarrassing battering, but hull were far superior. There's no disputing that at all.

You were lucky to lose 1-0, of that there is no doubt at all,

Wasting your time mate, superiority complex still active!! They still can't believe they lost even though they were played off the park. :hihi:

BD back after his "enforced" lay-off. UTB

It wasn't an embarrassing battering, but hull were far superior. There's no disputing that at all.

They want hae none of it robbie and quite frankly if in some bizarre way it makes them feel better than leave them to it. Personally I remember that 20 minute period in the first half where hull threw wave after wave at Wednesday and could have been 5-0 up in that spell....

As a not so wise owl said to me many moons ago. Football games are simply measuredon't on how many times a team put the ball in the back of the net. Hull did and you lot didn't, that is the best all and end all, a goal that cost your chairman his payday.

You weren't good enough on the day as simple as that. I don't agree with the closer than it first appeared talk, the team that won were by far the most superior over 90 minutes.

I think the other thing is too, is that Hull made their forwards look below average and exposed their weaknesses. Any championship clubs watching that game will know for next season how to handle them. Will the manager have a plan B?

Edited by Futures Red

At the game I thought we didn't turn up and Hull looked head and shoulders above us. Watching it back last night it looked completely different. Two even teams albeit one having the chances (and a good few number of them). I don't agree after watching it back that Hull were far superior. I know that sounds daft given they could have scored 3 or 4 more if it wasn't for Westwood but other than those chances, Hull did very little.

However, don't care either, the end result is all that matters and that was in their favour.

Wasting your time mate, superiority complex still active!! They still can't believe they lost even though they were played off the park. :hihi:

BD back after his "enforced" lay-off. UTB

Played off the park. Right.

And I bet you can't find a single fan who 'can't believe we lost'. On the day it was a deserved win for Hull but a lot closer than it appeared to be when watching it back. We just lacked cutting edge

At the game I thought we didn't turn up and Hull looked head and shoulders above us. Watching it back last night it looked completely different. Two even teams albeit one having the chances (and a good few number of them). I don't agree after watching it back that Hull were far superior. I know that sounds daft given they could have scored 3 or 4 more if it wasn't for Westwood but other than those chances, Hull did very little.

However, don't care either, the end result is all that matters and that was in their favour.

Played off the park. Right.

And I bet you can't find a single fan who 'can't believe we lost'. On the day it was a deserved win for Hull but a lot closer than it appeared to be when watching it back. We just lacked cutting edge

That's exactly how I saw it!

On the day I thought they were much better than us, but when I watched it back it was a lot closer than I thought and all bar the twenty minute period first-half I thought we were marginally the better side!

With everyone talking about the new team we were going to buy with our winnings, perhaps the current squad thought they were going to get the boot.

It's a cynical and clever foul and a definite yellow. FF's problem is he does make a meal of it even when it's a foul (or if looks that way).

But a definite foul and annoying we didn't exploit Dawson any further.

I'd be interested in knowing the rules on whether or not Dawson should have been sent off.

I always thought it was "denying a clear goal scoring opportunity" and as he'd beaten him and was running in on goal, then I'm struggling to see how it wasn't albeit the angle was tight, but then again an option existed to square the ball to Hooper (I think).

It looked a clear goal scoring opportunity to me at the time and I've not changed my mind since.

Great day out.

Hull stifled us.

They were the better team on the day.

But we put in a decent enough showing against a strong Hull team recent;y in the Premier League.

A game too far too late for us.

But it wasn't anything like some blades are WISHING it was.

Hiys Frankie boy,

You start off so well with post honest as well, then spoil it with a dig at the Blades. You lost and apparently Hull deserved their win but every time we lose a big game we get massive **** taking out of us, and I believe some Blades have done it to you and your fans don't like it. As you have said in the past if you cannot take it don't give it (not you in particular), all I've done is offer commiserations

This is a word of warning though lots of teams that lose the P/Off final either struggle or go down the next season, okay Boro bounced back but United, Swindon, Brighton a few years ago & Derby the season after they lost.

You've had a great season no denying it, but why oh why cannot your fans accept the better team won, but to be fair some of your fans on here were dismissing Hull and thought you'd just got to turn up to go up.

I didn't see the game just snippets on Sky and Hull's goal was the 2nd best at Wembley last weekend the best being Adam Hamill's at Barnsley, what I am wondering though is I have not seen one Blue & white shirt since you lost at least we still wore our colours.

Next season will be interesting for both sets of fans, we would have been light years behind you had you gone up, I'm interested to see what Wilder is going to do.

I hope you're well mate.

Pete

Hiys Frankie boy,

You start off so well with post honest as well, then spoil it with a dig at the Blades. You lost and apparently Hull deserved their win but every time we lose a big game we get massive **** taking out of us, and I believe some Blades have done it to you and your fans don't like it. As you have said in the past if you cannot take it don't give it (not you in particular), all I've done is offer commiserations

This is a word of warning though lots of teams that lose the P/Off final either struggle or go down the next season, okay Boro bounced back but United, Swindon, Brighton a few years ago & Derby the season after they lost.

You've had a great season no denying it, but why oh why cannot your fans accept the better team won, but to be fair some of your fans on here were dismissing Hull and thought you'd just got to turn up to go up.

I didn't see the game just snippets on Sky and Hull's goal was the 2nd best at Wembley last weekend the best being Adam Hamill's at Barnsley, what I am wondering though is I have not seen one Blue & white shirt since you lost at least we still wore our colours.

Next season will be interesting for both sets of fans, we would have been light years behind you had you gone up, I'm interested to see what Wilder is going to do.

I hope you're well mate.

Pete

Hi Pete

Good to see you on here - I'm glad your doing well, and hope to see you back.

I've not been posting the last few days as I added a few days on to the trip south for a bit of a break with the family, but I've seen posts on here and on other social media that have mocked the Owls for a pitiful performance.

Most haven't - accepted, they've been graceful.

And I certainly accept that we lost to a better team on the day.

But I don't buy the 'you should have lost 5-0' rubbish.

I've just had lunch with a Hull fan - we've been mates a long time, he's up for the banter, but even he didn't suggest that.

Based on where we were at the start of the season (was it 19th after 7 games?) we've had a fantastic run.

We scraped into the playoff's, scrapped our way into the final (in the second leg), but in the final match we were beaten by a better side.

Before the final the bookies had Hull as clear favourites. And rightly so.

There aren't many of us that headed to Wembley thinking that it would be a anything other than a lucky win at best.

But most accepted that that would be good enough for us - based on where we were at the start of the season. A chance to win promotion even if you end up losing is better than no chance at all.

There's not a single blade who wouldn't have accepted the same thing a month ago.

Out sung - no. Out played - yes. Battered - no.

I've just been in town now and seen a good few Owls around. The same ones probably that made more noise when Wednesday paraded as losers than Hull fans did when they lifted that trophy.

Next season won't be easy - I'd expect us to push for playoff's again, nothing more. I'll be disappointed if we don't, but no expectations.

We're heading in the right direction, it takes time, but we all know in Sheffield:

Neither of our sides make it easier for themselves, and certainly not easy for the fans!!

All the best.

They want hae none of it robbie and quite frankly if in some bizarre way it makes them feel better than leave them to it. Personally I remember that 20 minute period in the first half where hull threw wave after wave at Wednesday and could have been 5-0 up in that spell....

As a not so wise owl said to me many moons ago. Football games are simply measuredon't on how many times a team put the ball in the back of the net. Hull did and you lot didn't, that is the best all and end all, a goal that cost your chairman his payday.

You weren't good enough on the day as simple as that. I don't agree with the closer than it first appeared talk, the team that won were by far the most superior over 90 minutes.

They threw wave after wave at you in the 2nd half of the FA Cup semi and did get 5 :hihi:

The main reason taunts from United are having little effect is that we didn't expect to go up this season at all, to run it close was a bonus, there's no negativity on any thread except the pretend stuff that the blades are drumming up.

They threw wave after wave at you in the 2nd half of the FA Cup semi and did get 5 :hihi:

The main reason taunts from United are having little effect is that we didn't expect to go up this season at all, to run it close was a bonus, there's no negativity on any thread except the pretend stuff that the blades are drumming up.

That's why I don't come on here that much now two many spoiling it :hihi::hihi:

That's not what what the fans were saying leading up to the game. I read 3-1, 2-0, 1-0 you all seemed very confident you were going to win the PL lottery :hihi: