Championship Play Off Final 2016

A friend of mine posted a pic of a scribbled note her husband found on the windscreen outside Wembley after the game reading "Hard luck, your support was terrific HCFC"

That's a nice touch

Short lowlights (if you wanna watch it again)

CCs view

Yesterday was my 7th trip to Wembley, Cardiff makes eight and although we've lost more than we've won that was the first time I didn't have a goal to cheer.

Hull were just too good for us and were easily two goals better. Brucie really did a number on us cutting off the supply to our forwards. Did the occasion get to the Wednesday boys? Perhaps. They've played far better this season.

The support was fantastic, I've never seen such belief in our supporters before but Hull had that Wembley experience under their belts and it does seem to count.

Let's hope we can build on it next season, can't wait.

I had a cracking day out yesterday. Wembley is a fantastic stadium. Shame the team were outclassed by a very strong Hull side, but that's life really. A bit of extra quality is what beat us.

It was a privilege to be part of that army of fans. That must have projected a positive image of the club far around the world. There were no sour grapes at the end, indeed I saw many Wednesday fans congratulating Hull fans on their deserved victory.

This season has been the very best that I can remember since the mid 90s. Next year will be even better, as I expect further investment over the summer.

Another positve from yesterday was the re-emergence of the Blades fans onto this section. Stick around folks, the section is much better with you here. Don't go slinking off again when your team lets you down. I expect to see you all posting about the league 2 play off. Who do you fear most? Wimbledon or Plymouth? :)

"Next year will be even better" Of course it will :roll-eyes

Well it was my first trip down to Wembley and it is a truly great stadium - very well organised inside and we had a great view - unfortunately could not sit in my seat as it had been decided (almost unanimously :hihi: ) that our section was going to stand the whole game! :help:

Normally I wouldn't have minded a jot but I wasn't too chipper yesterday. The crowd certainly lifted me through the whole day - even afterwards I saw no one too despondent - plenty of realists amongst us. The nightmare is getting out of there. Horrendous.

I was never really bothered about going to the new Wembley - it's probably only me but I really enjoy watching these things on TV. I am glad I went and my sons think that I will go again but even if we get there for whatever reason I am likely to give it a miss.

I know, I accept I am a little strange in this.

My best weekend ever? 1993 fa cup semi final, Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United. Fantastic weekend (went down the day before, took in the atmosphere! It was the most magical day ever for me. My allegiance was for United but it didn't matter that Wednesday won, it didn't spoil my time there. MAGICAL

The nightmare is getting out of there. Horrendous.

That's the issue with Wembley, the stadium is great but the surrounding infrastructure is way behind. Unless you leave with about 10 mins to go, you have had it. God know how the local residents feel, bet they dread this time of year. Apart from those making money be letting fans park on their driveways :hihi:

I had a cracking day out yesterday. Wembley is a fantastic stadium. Shame the team were outclassed by a very strong Hull side, but that's life really. A bit of extra quality is what beat us.

It was a privilege to be part of that army of fans. That must have projected a positive image of the club far around the world. There were no sour grapes at the end, indeed I saw many Wednesday fans congratulating Hull fans on their deserved victory.

This season has been the very best that I can remember since the mid 90s. Next year will be even better, as I expect further investment over the summer.

Another positve from yesterday was the re-emergence of the Blades fans onto this section. Stick around folks, the section is much better with you here. Don't go slinking off again when your team lets you down. I expect to see you all posting about the league 2 play off. Who do you fear most? Wimbledon or Plymouth? :)

Good honest post Sibon, didn't see the game but seen the goal and no disgrace in losing to that quality.

Well, it will be an interesting Championship next year with the Dingles back in the fold, as unlikely a tale as Leicester City....(cut the next bit - Ed.)

Well on reflection we really didn't deserve to win yesterday, but hey Ho no descrace in losing I'm utterly proud of the team manager & our chairman who was willing to meet the fans after & asked about next season & his words, " We will be better & try to get in the Premiership ".

WAWAW to all Dem Blades plurrrrrrrrrr :hihi:

Well we went down with the attitude that win or lose (after all the bookies aren't often wrong and on paper Hull are probably the best team in the division) we were going to have a good day out and that is exactly what happened. half a dozen decent pubs in Westminster, Blackfriars and Fleet Street before the game, wednesdayites everywhere. Then off to the match a bit of good hearted banter with a few Hull fans on the way. Brilliant atmosphere in the ground but unfortunately our football couldn't match it and the best team deserved to win so no hard feelings there. Managed to get away on the final whistle and back in pub in Sheffield just after 9:30. I suppose if we were going to lose if there ever is a best way it's probably best to do it by the odd goal without going to extra time or penalties. On reflection quite pleased with this season and we have come a long way since this time last year but I don't think we are ready for the premiereship yet. However I think we will be and there is cause for optimism for forthcoming seasons with our current regime and am looking forward to them already (been a while since I could say that at this time of the year).

Well we went down with the attitude that win or lose (after all the bookies aren't often wrong and on paper Hull are probably the best team in the division) we were going to have a good day out and that is exactly what happened. half a dozen decent pubs in Westminster, Blackfriars and Fleet Street before the game, wednesdayites everywhere. Then off to the match a bit of good hearted banter with a few Hull fans on the way. Brilliant atmosphere in the ground but unfortunately our football couldn't match it and the best team deserved to win so no hard feelings there. Managed to get away on the final whistle and back in pub in Sheffield just after 9:30. I suppose if we were going to lose if there ever is a best way it's probably best to do it by the odd goal without going to extra time or penalties. On reflection quite pleased with this season and we have come a long way since this time last year but I don't think we are ready for the premiereship yet. However I think we will be and there is cause for optimism for forthcoming seasons with our current regime and am looking forward to them already (been a while since I could say that at this time of the year).

How did you get back from London, private jet, helicopter!!