Championship Play Off Final 2016

and had the last laugh

apart from me cos i`m still laughing

hihihihihi

So did Walsall and a missed penalty !

Those who enjoy seeing SW fail at the final hurdle will take little comfort in the reaction of the owner and manager. Both will now clinically assess how to achieve promotion next season.

The fact is, with the money now available to SW, they will buy the quality extra players and most likely gain an automatic place.

Unlike the other team from this city, SW have the money, SU don't. Neither do they have the ownership, manager or vision to see beyond League 1 mediocrity.

Finally, I always wished SU the best in their endeavours, but they seem destined to fail magnificently. Teams don't beat SU as they seem more than capable of repeatedly imploding.

Those who enjoy seeing SW fail at the final hurdle will take little comfort in the reaction of the owner and manager. Both will now clinically assess how to achieve promotion next season.

The fact is, with the money now available to SW, they will buy the quality extra players and most likely gain an automatic place.

Unlike the other team from this city, SW have the money, SU don't. Neither do they have the ownership, manager or vision to see beyond League 1 mediocrity.

Finally, I always wished SU the best in their endeavours, but they seem destined to fail magnificently. Teams don't beat SU as they seem more than capable of repeatedly imploding.

You can throw what you want at trying to achieve promotion however it doesn't guarantee it does it? In football nothing is "most likely" and to think that a failed shot at the play-offs this year tees you up to go one step better next season is comical to say the least!....Also with Newcastle, Aston Villa and Norwich dropping down into the league it is going to be a damn sight tougher than this season that is for sure!

Started brightly and just fell away,today wasnt our day we move on,dont see villa as a big threat,much rebuilding needed there,norwich hold no fears,think Derby will be stronger,Brighton? can they maintain this season?We had a shot but we blew it,credit to Bruce.Least we wont need an injury time equaliser at Fleetwood Town,or get mullered at home by the likes of Scunthorpe,Bury and Colchester.

Its been a great season,bashed Arsenal up and took our reserves upto Newcastle and 1-0 flattered them.

Be interesting to see how that clown Carlos sets up his new season squad for the next assault.

WAWAW

Edited by nikki-red

Just wasn't our day today. Carols got out thought by Bruce. We badly miss wingers who can beat a man and Hooper just had a shocker. Fans where brilliant and what a great day to be an Owl.

Just wasn't our day today. Carols got out thought by Bruce. We badly miss wingers who can beat a man and Hooper just had a shocker. Fans where brilliant and what a great day to be an Owl.

An even better day to be a blade though :hihi::hihi:

Your pain is our gain for sure! LALAW!

I don't think you are really listening greenman; I am feeling no pain.

It has been a great season to be an Owl. The extra we have paid to watch our team has been worth every penny. My £550 season ticket was good value for money.

I am aware that a Blades season ticket costs less than that but what was that worth?

Today has always been a bonus.

Been home half an hour - been a long but pleasant day, the worst part was not losing 1-0 - it was the dreary coach journey but that was made better by a tipple or two.

Our fans were truly magnificent today - Wembley knew the Owls were there. Marvellous atmosphere and sight.

Bumped into Gazza and shared a coach with Southey - a good day.

Night all.

Just back, the best team won on the day and to be honest, a few of our 'better' players didn't show up today. Westwood kept us in the game early doors but I couldn't help but feel that he could have done better with the goal.

We move on to next season, hopefully with lessons learned!

To be fair though, Westwood's back must've been killing him by that point, for carrying the rest of the team for 70 minutes and keeping you in it. Perhaps if the defence had been doing their jobs as usual, they wouldn't have allowed Diame the freedom of Wembley to score.

Just from seeing the highlights, it reminded me a little of Alan Kelly's heroic attempts in 1993, all in vain.

Really wouldn't be surprised to see someone from the PL come in with a big bid for Westwood - as he is clearly much better than Championship standard - maybe even Hull, who could do with a better keeper...

---------- Post added 29-05-2016 at 01:40 ----------

You do realise that Norwich and Newcastle will have parachute money and far better squads already than the owls, as well as stiff competition from Brighton, Derby and other surprise contenders like the owls were this season...?

If you don't take your chance when it's there, there is no guarantee that you'll get another chance a year later.

Awful lot of empty (Hull) seats there today, and most of them in full view of the tv cameras - you'd have thought by now they'd have realised it's better to sell the tickets on the far side that the cameras see first, so it looks fuller... :) Must have been quite frustrating for those owls fans who would've liked to go for this once in a lifetime trip, and were denied by Hull's slapdash ticket selling.

---------- Post added 29-05-2016 at 01:49 ----------

Started brightly and just fell away,today wasnt our day we move on,dont see villa as a big threat,much rebuilding needed there,norwich hold no fears,think Derby will be stronger,Brighton? can they maintain this season?We had a shot but we blew it,credit to Bruce.Least we wont need an injury time equaliser at Fleetwood Town,or get mullered at home by the likes of Scunthorpe,Bury and Colchester.

Its been a great season,bashed Arsenal up and took our reserves upto Newcastle and 1-0 flattered them.

Be interesting to see how that clown Carlos sets up his new season squad for the next assault.

WAWAW

---------- Post added 29-05-2016 at 00:33 ----------

bashed up Arsenal reserves, beat a poor Newcastle outfit and lost to League 1 Shrewsbury.

And after the greatest owls season in a generation, and the worst United season since the early 80s, they will still start the new season in the same divisions as before... who knows - the owls may man up next season and go up, and United could continue to flounder... but could just as easily be in the same division again in a year's time.

Earlier this season, did the Chairman pretty much guarantee promotion next season to coincide with the 150 year anniversary, or was that just the media/fans twisting what he said?

---------- Post added 29-05-2016 at 01:55 ----------

I don't think you are really listening greenman; I am feeling no pain.

It has been a great season to be an Owl. The extra we have paid to watch our team has been worth every penny. My £550 season ticket was good value for money.

I am aware that a Blades season ticket costs less than that but what was that worth?

Today has always been a bonus.

Been home half an hour - been a long but pleasant day, the worst part was not losing 1-0 - it was the dreary coach journey but that was made better by a tipple or two.

Our fans were truly magnificent today - Wembley knew the Owls were there. Marvellous atmosphere and sight.

Bumped into Gazza and shared a coach with Southey - a good day.

Night all.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the day :) Those coach or car journeys back, when the team bottle it, are as you say dreary - the only highlight tends to be when you stop at a service station, and there are thousands of your fans congregated there.

Edited by sheff71

but could just as easily be in the same division again in a year's time.

NO CHANCE, Owls won't be getting relegated.

To say they "bottled" it is very harsh. We just didn't have the quality in the end against a yoyo promotion team who's been round the block.

It is what it is. It was a season that we didn't expect yet and has been great. Hopefully we build on this

Well who'd have guessed it ...Unitedites old & new ,falling over themselves to post long winded posts about Wednesday losing yesterday...

Some posters have come out of the woodwork to gloat & have a dig about his "friend" being banned...Aaaah

Yes we are disappointed to miss out..the better team won on the day..but wind your neck in Unitedites...you'll still be playing Rochdale & Northampton next season in the Pub League for yet another season ...

Mind The Gap..!

Look on the bright side if Barnsley go up today then the 2016 season will be a season full of derbys

Barnsley and Rotherham, theres 12 points for starters

Leeds, is always a good local Derby

Huddersfield, good Derby again

And there is Derby, although that's not a Derby

I think it'll be a decent season and I think Wednesday will finish top 2

Well who'd have guessed it ...Unitedites old & new ,falling over themselves to post long winded posts about Wednesday losing yesterday...

Some posters have come out of the woodwork to gloat & have a dig about his "friend" being banned...Aaaah

Yes we are disappointed to miss out..the better team won on the day..but wind your neck in Unitedites...you'll still be playing Rochdale & Northampton next season in the Pub League for yet another season ...

Mind The Gap..!

Je suis Diamé

---------- Post added 29-05-2016 at 07:15 ----------

Look on the bright side if Barnsley go up today then the 2016 season will be a season full of derbys

Barnsley and Rotherham, theres 12 points for starters

Leeds, is always a good local Derby

Huddersfield, good Derby again

And there is Derby, although that's not a Derby

I think it'll be a decent season and I think Wednesday will finish top 2

That's the spirit, who needs Man Utd, City, Arsenal........etc

---------- Post added 29-05-2016 at 07:17 ----------

Mind The Gap..!

oh you mean the "gap" of 20 years since you were in the Prem