Antics Models Closing

I was disappointed to discover the other day that one of my favourite city centre shops will be closing soonn.

Ive been a customer in the store for a long time now, the staff are exceptional and their product range is excellent.

It will be missed by many.

Heard from a mate that they were winding down stock :( not many decent model shops left now. In fact in terms of plastic models it's basically down to Marcway. Hopefully this will give those guys more trade though.

I walked along the Furnival Gate on Saturday, and found nearly all shops were closed. The re-location of the marketplace to the Moor doesn't seem to help this area that much.

I took a trip into town the other week. Its the first time ive been into the city in about 15 years.

It was heartbreaking. Like something had just scooped up all the life and soul of the town center and town it away.

If you want to bet or eat crap then you are still taken care of but if you want to experience the hustle and bustle of a busy market place or shop for anything that is not sold in a £ shop then you had better go elsewhere.

Sheffield center is dead.

Like something had just scooped up all the life and soul of the town center and town it away.

Its called Meadowhall

Its called Meadowhall
Meadowhall is 26 years old, or thereabouts.

Leeds and Manchester have both got bigger and better malls than Meadowhall and yet each has a thriving centre.

Time to give that old tired excuse a rest, methinks :|

Leeds and Manchester have both got bigger and better malls than Meadowhall and yet each has a thriving centre.

Leeds? The White Rose cannot be compared to the Trafford Centre or Meadowhall, it certainly isnt bigger than Meadowhalll :hihi::hihi:

So your saying that if Meadowhall wasnt there then the shops wouldnt be in the city centre?

Leeds? The White Rose cannot be compared to the Trafford Centre or Meadowhall, it certainly isnt bigger than Meadowhalll :hihi::hihi:
Heard of Trinity? A mall being so bad for city centres, Leeds now has two :roll:

So your saying that if Meadowhall wasnt there then the shops wouldnt be in the city centre?
No, I'm saying SCC and the body of city centre traders have had 26 years to 'get over' Meadowhall.

So, what have they got to show for 26 years?

The words you're looking for are "lack of vision" and "procrastination": what you've got now is the current end result, so bad no developer or anchor chain would touch it with a 100ft bargepole.

I doubt they'd have done worse if they'd set out to deliberately kill off the centre, instead of dead cat-bouncing it for ever and more.

Edited by L00b

---------- Post added 17-05-2016 at 12:25 ----------

I took a trip into town the other week. Its the first time ive been into the city in about 15 years.

It was heartbreaking. Like something had just scooped up all the life and soul of the town center and town it away.

If you want to bet or eat crap then you are still taken care of but if you want to experience the hustle and bustle of a busy market place or shop for anything that is not sold in a £ shop then you had better go elsewhere.

Sheffield center is dead.

Sounds like you took a wrong turn and went to Rotherham !

Your description of Sheffield City Centre is wrong:confused:

Where abouts in town were you exactly ?

Edited by Daven

---------- Post added 17-05-2016 at 12:25 ----------

Sounds like you took a wrong turn and went to Rotherham !

Your description of Sheffield City Centre is wrong:confused:

Where abouts in town were you exactly ?

The clue is in my post

You went to town, saw betting shops, £ shops and fast food outlets.

Again I ask you - where in Sheffield City Centre were you ?

Think you walk around with your eyes closed mate !

Edited by Daven