HSBC to shed 595 IT jobs and close branches in Sheffield

which high streets?

well hsbc have lost my business closing 4 local branches, and expecting me to use either meadowhall ,crystal peaks or city center.

well done Sheffield council for not allowing any parking on high streets, killing off Sheffield businesses slowly but surely

What the hell has the council got to do with HSBC shutting branches??

Maybe the best way to support jobs in Britain, and to support " local" banking , Is if the powers that be decide to cut above, Move on mass to another bank that supports , British / local jobs, Maybe it would make them think twice,

As soon as one does and gets away with it the rest will follow,

Some companies openly advertised that they now have Britain based call centres which I think can have a big influence on people's choice of deciding nowadays.

These savings never seemed to be passed on to customers, and if the costs to you and me were more it would be minimal, However you might just do someone higher up out of a slap on the back, And a huge bonus !!!! (Because their worth it?)

Perhaps they need some more I.T. people to make it happen here.

What were we talking about again?

Electronic payment of cheques.

HSBC try to do centralised development, so I'm surprised that the cheque functionality is US only. Perhaps they simply haven't launched it yet in the UK, or it needs locality modifications.

---------- Post added 01-06-2016 at 11:40 ----------

HSBC in Sheffield now advertising for a Java contractor.

http://www.jobserve.com/gb/en/JobLanding.aspx?jid=582B1FD4DE0B1D71&utm_source=00000&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=1&utm_campaign=AppConfirm2015

Obviously I've applied.

http://www.constructionenquirer.com/2016/09/07/hsbc-deal-kickstarts-480m-sheffield-retail-quarter-plans/

Banking giant HSBC has signed a deal to take the first major office scheme planned in Sheffield’s ambitious retail quarter scheme.

The article says nothing about loss of jobs or branches.

The article says nothing about loss of jobs or branches.

There's hardly any branches now left to lose.