Accountant recommendations - No advertising

I have just had to register for VAT and need to submit the first VAT return by the end of March. I'm looking for a good but inexpensive accountant who can do my tax and VAT returns.

Can anyone recommend one in Sheffield?

I have just had to register for VAT and need to submit the first VAT return by the end of March. I'm looking for a good but inexpensive accountant who can do my tax and VAT returns.

Steve Hunt is very good and reasonable. He's technically based in Barnsley but I think we can forgive him that :)

Mobile: 07730679270

steve.hunt@aims.co.uk

If your turnover is below a certain threshold you can apply for the flat rate scheme. It is very simple and you really do not need an accountant https://www.gov.uk/vat-flat-rate-scheme/overview

Hi VeganTuckBox,

I am the accountant that mlfc has mentioned above. I am a Chartered Accountant with over 20 years experience in business. I offer a cost effective service. All fees are agreed in advance so you know up front exactly what you will be paying. I would be happy to come and meet with you for a free meeting without any obligation.

If that is of interest I look forward to hearing from you.

steve.hunt@aims.co.uk

07730 679270

I am a self employed builder and need a little help with what I can claim back I use my car to travel to difference sites all year I have done 12 k in miles but not loggeg the mileage but keeped all my fule recipes as I did not no about the mileage allowance also how much food allowance a day can I claim back as I buy my lunch each day I do have all tbe recipes

as I buy my lunch each day I do have all tbe recipes

All the recipes? ...or receipts?

Is it possible for self employed / business owners to claim expenses for food? I work from home, for my own company, should I be claiming for breakfast, lunch, dinner?

Best of luck finding a great accountant by the way! :)

Steve Hunt

Mobile: 07730679270

steve.hunt@aims.co.uk

I know Steve very well and a few on the forum use him. He's very good

Y is Sheffield furum full of sarcastic people that dont no what there talking about I .work away from home all the time so I am in titled to a food allowance not my full weekly shop. working from home is not the same as working a way from home and yes my spelling is rubbish and I dont need reminding that my 10 year son can spell better than me . and for the sarcastic people on here I am dyslexic so feel free to email me some more that my spelling is rong

Hi Mike,

I am the accountant that mlfc has so kindly recommended. I am a Chartered Accountant based locally. I would be happy to come and see you for a free initial meeting without any obligation.

My contact details are 07730 679270, steve.hunt@aims.co.uk.

If this is of interest I look forward to hearing from you.