Can someone help me find the perfect place to live?

Hi All,

I work in the city centre and live at the moment in Hillsborough. I'm looking to buy a new place to live with my partner. He lives in Leeds right now but is happy to move here if we can find the right place/area.

We have been looking in and around Sheffield and but haven't found anywhere suitable yet.

Ideally we'd like, somewhere close to some greenspace or at least somewhere to go for short walks. Somewhere where the houses arent too squashed in (seems rare in Sheffield) but that are also close to at least a few shops, possibly a pub/bar and a place to buy food.

I'd prefer for it not to take an age to get into work, but I would be willing to compromise on that for finding a nice place.

Does anyone know of anywhere that fits the description above? Lets say for now that price wasnt too much of a concern so at least I can see if this type of area exists.

As no one has posted on here since you started the post this afternoon, I`ll make a start. My suggestions may be quite wide of the mark in respect of what you are wanting, but at least it may help you to narrow it down and help you to be clear of what you don`t want.

Not squashed in-so maybe a detached house.

Finding a nice place,green space and somewhere to go for short walks, a pub/bar close by-Dore area.

Place to buy food-Waitrose on Eccy road on your way home from work in the city?

(I don`t know how many shops there are in Dore).

I would have suggested Sothall/Owlthorpe/Waterthorpe, which is kind of quasi-rural in parts, but the lack of shops or a pub would probably not be what you're looking for.

I suggest Bents Green. It is next to the countryside and has a little row of shops. It is not too far from Eccy Road and town, however, it can be expensive if you want a detached house.

A budget and number of bedrooms would be helpful. Are you opposed to a terraced house? They can actually be far roomier than semis inside. Semis are often unable to use the loft space and have poky upstairs arrangements.

as you live in hilsborough,worrall is nice has a number of detached and semi detached houses for sale, green countryside,pubs and a village shop/post office, on the bus route to hilsborough for the regular shop.

If he wants to travel to Leeds I would suggest looking at areas fairly close to the motorway, definitely not Dore or anywhere near that end of town.

I would suggest looking at areas not too far from junction 35 or 36 of the M1. Its a while since I used the local slow train which is a bit like a bus but it does / did stop at lots of local stations between Leeds, Wakefield, Barnsley and either Sheffield or Rotherham. That location opens you up to so many properties within your remit and easy for you both to travel.

Is your partner still going to travel to Leeds to work? I know you said (s)he lived in Leeds but can't remember if that was the place of work too.

Edited by Chez2