Announcement of new licence fees.

So the proposed increase has been announced.

The annual licence will go from £27 to £30 for two rods, £45 is proposed for three rods, concessions £18 to £20 day licence £6 and eight day licence £12, no licence required for juveniles.

A rolling start date which will make no difference it's still a annual fee, with no one rod licence so us that use only one rod or pole are subsidising everyone else.

Well done EA and AT thanks very much :loopy:

So the Angling trust is the voice of angling I don't think so, the voice of Carp anglers it may be.

I sometimes fish two rods so a £3 rise is fine but a single rod option at £15 would have appealed to a lot of anglers, in particular those who predominantly fish matches.

So the Angling trust is the voice of angling I don't think so, the voice of Carp anglers it may be.
I am a carp angler and certainly do NOT consider the Angling Trust to be the voice of carp anglers. It represents match anglers and itself, full stop.

All match anglers use one rod at a time, or one pole.

Most pleasure anglers are more than happy to use one rod.

All Carp anglers use a minimum of two rods sometimes three, with the thee rods now costing £45.

The old option for three rods was £54 as two licences were needed. Even I can work out that Carp anglers will save nine quid.

So you don't consider the new licence to come down in your favour, interesting.

Before I go any further let me point out I do not want any anglers to pay more for their fishing. There's no way I begrudge any multi rod users their saving.

It would however have been be for all if it had been a fixed fee for a single rod with a fixed fee for multiple rods up three or even four.

The cost of a two rod licence is and always was a con.

As it is match anglers and certainly most pleasure anglers I know only use one rod. Us one rod users are the out and out losers paying for something we will never use, IE a two rod licence.

Everyone can see who really benefits.

The Angling Trust who instigated this change with the EA who is the beneficiary of monies generated from licence fees have come down on the side on the side of anglers who use Three rods.

I stand by what I said the AT have come down on the side of Carp anglers. The Angling Trust are a small club that will never represent all anglers.

That is why they will never get a penny from me.

it is better to be represented by someone rather than nobody at all

Unless you have knowledge of any other organization that is representing us and I include both coarse and carp anglers in the collective "us"

Audilad, you say it's better to be represented but I don't want representing.

With regard to the Angling Trust all I can say is I see nothing that they have done for my chosen faction of angling IE pleasure. They force match anglers to join before they can fish in a match they don't run namely Fishomania run by Barry Hearns Match Room, effectively all Fishomania competitors are conscripts to the AT, they were not given a choice if they want to fish a Fisho qualifier.

If you believe you are right who am I to say you are not right.

I can however say don't include me as I'm not interested.

The AT are a small self appointed fishing club and want everyone else to join provided we pay £25. They have just instigated a change to the rod licence that forces single rod users to subsidise multi rod users. If that's not meant to alienate some anglers I can't see what they thought they would achieve.

Their changes to rod licences they said were to make it more fair, they failed.

The only small club who I pay any heed does not act for all angling just like the AT but it does act for me.

Its a small club just like the Angling Trust, but the main difference is it costs nothing to become a member, it makes decisions easy for me to follow, it is lead by me, I am the only member. The only rule is there are no rules.

The club is a closed shop.

Edited by Mr Hinks

All match anglers use one rod at a time, or one pole.

Most pleasure anglers are more than happy to use one rod.

All Carp anglers use a minimum of two rods sometimes three, with the thee rods now costing £45.

The old option for three rods was £54 as two licences were needed. Even I can work out that Carp anglers will save nine quid.

So you don't consider the new licence to come down in your favour, interesting.

Before I go any further let me point out I do not want any anglers to pay more for their fishing. There's no way I begrudge any multi rod users their saving.

It would however have been be for all if it had been a fixed fee for a single rod with a fixed fee for multiple rods up three or even four.

The cost of a two rod licence is and always was a con.

As it is match anglers and certainly most pleasure anglers I know only use one rod. Us one rod users are the out and out losers paying for something we will never use, IE a two rod licence.

Everyone can see who really benefits.

The Angling Trust who instigated this change with the EA who is the beneficiary of monies generated from licence fees have come down on the side on the side of anglers who use Three rods.

I stand by what I said the AT have come down on the side of Carp anglers. The Angling Trust are a small club that will never represent all anglers.

That is why they will never get a penny from me.

By "carp anglers" I assume you mean SPECIMEN anglers as those fishing for pike, barbel, big bream and tench also tend to use 2 rods. By "match anglers" you must mean "carp anglers", as most matches these days are fished on commercials full of carp. The restriction of match anglers to one rod is due to practicality and match rules. There is nothing to prevent them going pleasure fishing and using 2 rods. They choose their discipline in the same way that specimen anglers do and so must live with the conditions incumbent on their style of fishing.

---------- Post added 21-05-2016 at 12:53 ----------

The AT are a small self appointed fishing club and want everyone else to join provided we pay £25. They have just instigated a change to the rod licence that forces single rod users to subsidise multi rod users. If that's not meant to alienate some anglers I can't see what they thought they would achieve.

Their changes to rod licences they said were to make it more fair, they failed.

The only small club who I pay any heed does not act for all angling just like the AT but it does act for me.

Its a small club just like the Angling Trust, but the main difference is it costs nothing to become a member, it makes decisions easy for me to follow, it is lead by me, I am the only member. The only rule is there are no rules.

The club is a closed shop.

Other than your comment about licence fees I agree with you. I still stand by my statement, though, that the Angling Trust mainly looks after the interests of match anglers. I am also disgusted at the recent contract given to the AT by the Environment Agency. It turns them into a cartel and gives even more power to the AT whose main interest is self propogation and not the good of anglers. Edited by rodnreeluk

As you can see from my last post I dropped the term Carp anglers and changed it to multi rod users as I felt it appeared I was targeting Carp anglers and that was not my intention.

Even the term specimen hunters would not be right as anyone could indeed use a multi rod set up.

My only argument is the fact that there is no allocation for the single rod user. The £3 increase is lower than I expected, I still don't class it has fair as I said.

I really can't see how the AT look after the interests of match anglers as they are the only ones forced to join. They do however appear to be looking after multi rod users.

If they could dream up a way to force every angler to join with them the way the match angler are forced to they surely would.

Edited by Mr Hinks

30 pounds a year works out at approximately 58 pence a week for a hobby you can do all year round I dont see a problem with it plus oaps get a cheeper one.

I am a game angler, so only ever fish one rod .... have you ever tried casting two fly rods at once?

I always considered the licence fee allowing up to two rods to be fair. I never thought of it as paying twice as much as I should!

Incidentally, I approve of the Angling Trust. Angling needs a united voice in the corridors of power.

i run a fishery and we are affiliated to the angling trust i for 1 am glad of this as if we have any problems with our legal obligations of our fishery we are protected .the normal everyday angler doesnt see that side of it and some probably never will theres always different angles to look at it .i also buy my license every year and i course fish and carp fish if i need to by a 3 rod license i would without moaning about it .if the cost puts a lot of people off then i hope they dont go moaning if they get caught at probably under a £1 a week you will always get some apposed to it.as for the single option it may well have been a good idea,but a lot of people would have still bent the rules and stuck another rod out we all know it happens.i see it first hand most days on the fishery i run

I still have no confidence in the Angling Trust acting for all anglers.

Being an angler who is forced to fish commercials I don't see that I for one need to be a member of the trust. I definitely can't see how they can possibly act or represent me.

If an individual feels they are indeed supported by the AT then membership is for them, I really can't see what they could do for me.

I know some clubs are members, I don't belong to or am affiliated any club. I fish alone,

I know if anglers aren't AT members they can't fish events such as Fishomania and numerous other events they run, I do not fish matches.

So not being a club member or match angler just a bloke who has been a angler without the need for a big brother for over 50yrs, why the hell can they offer me something I don't need to make my angling safer or better.

The AT may well tout themselves as the voice of angling but are they really.

I'm not sure of the membership numbers but they don't appear too popular with blokes such as me.

I have said on numerous occasions that the AT are only a small club and I stand by that.

If there is an argument for anglers who are not members to change their minds the AT haven't made it known.

I have no doubt that AT members will never understand that I couldn't care less but that really is their problem.