Blades confirm Wilder appointment

I'm not sure that you understood my post, so allow me to clarify.

Roughly this time last year, all the forum Blades were celebrating Adkins' appointment and laughing at Carlos.

Tomorrow, I'm off to a sold out Hillsborough for a play off semi. United fans are going to be at home either learning to crochet, or googling "Northampton Town".

Enjoy your Friday:D

If you get a bit of time between learning crochet stitches, check out Green Man's posts on the thread I've just linked to. That should keep you entertained.

Are you going to the match in the jumper you've had 2 decades to knit?......Premiership return ticket.:D

Are you going to the match in the jumper you've had 2 decades to knit?......Premiership return ticket.:D

You've just got a new manager, lighten up.

Adkins was only sacked a few hours ago so why shouldn't he be discussed on here, he's one of the highest regarded managers the blades have had for years so his sacking after a short tenure is fair game for comment.

You've just got a new manager, lighten up.

Adkins was only sacked a few hours ago so why shouldn't he be discussed on here, he's one of the highest regarded managers the blades have had for years so his sacking after a short tenure is fair game for comment.

Comment away,most Blades have forgotten about him already.

That thread just points out why he should be sacked.

He has failed on so many levels. He should have done a great deal more with the tools at his disposal but he lost the squad and nobody wanted to play for him.

I might be comedy gold Top but I go out every day and save people for a living and I am highly successful at what I do so unfortunately it will take a bit more than that to bother me. :hihi::hihi:

What have you done today....to make you feel proud :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Adkins turned out to be our Alan Irvine - nice bloke, but totally unsuited to the job needed.

Time will tell if it was a bold or foolish move to bring in Wilder - I don't think anyone other than owls would claim he is a messiah, and we will see if he can transform the squad as CC has done across town.

Is this appointment going to be another Cuckoo?

I noticed I didn't comment on the Adkins In thread, but at the time, like a lot of people, I thought he was a brilliant capture.

Given his CV, and previous fans' comments, I reckon Adkins would have come good given the time. He seems to have a record of making/helping average type players in to being better footballers, and in to better team players.

We've seen ex players tried and discarded on a regular basis throughout the country (quite a few locally as you all know), and Wilder could be just the next one for execution.

I wish Chris all the best, and really hope he's the one to bond the Blades back in to being the one unit, and he has reasonable success for his efforts.

I truly hope that he has a happy and fruitful few years at S2.

I feel for Blades going through this period of nothingness, some success would be good for them and the City.

I could of course be bleating on about United's long time in the wilderness, as some Blades love to gloat about Wednesday's rough times, but I'll leave that for lesser mortals to do.

Enjoy your Friday:D

We intend to, come on Brighton :thumbsup:

That thread just points out why he should be sacked.

He has failed on so many levels. He should have done a great deal more with the tools at his disposal but he lost the squad and nobody wanted to play for him.

I might be comedy gold Top but I go out every day and save people for a living and I am highly successful at what I do so unfortunately it will take a bit more than that to bother me. :hihi::hihi:

What have you done today....to make you feel proud :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Totally irrelevant as your chosen career path has no bearing on your views on football but my mere presence makes people happy. :hihi:

You've got to admit though mate you do post some proper foot in mouth stuff at times, maybe a little caution might be advisable.

With regards to united I have said before no matter who they have as manager they always seem to be undermined by the action/inaction of the chairman, will Wilder suffer for the same fate.

Totally irrelevant as your chosen career path has no bearing on your views on football but my mere presence makes people happy. :hihi:

You've got to admit though mate you do post some proper foot in mouth stuff at times, maybe a little caution might be advisable.

With regards to united I have said before no matter who they have as manager they always seem to be undermined by the action/inaction of the chairman, will Wilder suffer for the same fate.

How did any action or inaction by McCabe bring about what Ched Evans did,cause players to miss penalties in a play off final,undermine the incompetent David Weir,make money available to Nigel Clough so we had 40 players available,continually make available one of the biggest budgets in the tin pot,only to have clubs get promotion in front of us on a shoestring,be responsible for the way Nigel Adkins managed when loads of people were satisfied it was a good appointment?

Adkins turned out to be our Alan Irvine - nice bloke, but totally unsuited to the job needed.

Time will tell if it was a bold or foolish move to bring in Wilder - I don't think anyone other than owls would claim he is a messiah, and we will see if he can transform the squad as CC has done across town.

Only if McCabe spends the money, that's how CC transformed the squad.

Only if McCabe spends the money, that's how CC transformed the squad.

How many millions does it need to get out of the tin pot league?.......How much did Wednesday spend?.........Yeovil?.........Burton?

How did any action or inaction by McCabe bring about what Ched Evans did,cause players to miss penalties in a play off final,undermine the incompetent David Weir,make money available to Nigel Clough so we had 40 players available,continually make available one of the biggest budgets in the tin pot,only to have clubs get promotion in front of us on a shoestring,be responsible for the way Nigel Adkins managed when loads of people were satisfied it was a good appointment?

That would highlight that money has been spent badly then.