Blades confirm Wilder appointment

Now you have stopped talking nonsense, I agree with you we need a huge clear out also we need take a close look at recruitment methods and banning the manager from bringing any players he may know, maybe say just one, the two previous managers recruited too many failures they knew with poor consequences.

To enable a huge clear out you also need quality coming back in, are you confident that will happen?

Depends what's meant by invest. There's no limit on what can be spent on transfer fees but wages are limited to 60% of turnover. At least that's my understanding of the League 1 rules.

Wrong it is all about what is the maximum loss £5m in the Championship and no limit below.

Here we go again, I can see this post being dredged up for hilarity again in the next 12 months, with regards to the squad you said on this very forum at the advent of last season that the squad was "more than good enough for automatic promotion" what happened there?

You just know it's coming :hihi:

It's like forum tourettes :hihi:

Bringing ex players back as managers can be doomed to failure but at least he's had some grounding and seeming to be building his reputation over time.

To put a negative/conspiracy theory type slant on things could the following have happened: Adkins knows the squad is not good enough, asks for backing from the chairman so the chairman gets rid and brings in a man known for working with limited resources who wont be too demanding on the purse strings. Just a thought.

Wilders comments this morning seem to add a bit of fuel to the fire of the above.

Wilders comments this morning seem to add a bit of fuel to the fire of the above.

Think is I don't want us to spend big, we tried that with Sammon & Hammond etc spending loads on wages on players that didn't seem to give a crap. We need to be looking at young hungry players, players that are playing well in this league. It'd be cheaper and imo better to buy league ones best players rather than trying to lure players from the leagues above with big salaries. We buy league ones best players it strengthens us and weakens the league.

Think is I don't want us to spend big, we tried that with Sammon & Hammond etc spending loads on wages on players that didn't seem to give a crap. We need to be looking at young hungry players, players that are playing well in this league. It'd be cheaper and imo better to buy league ones best players rather than trying to lure players from the leagues above with big salaries. We buy league ones best players it strengthens us and weakens the league.

Theres no reason why you shouldn't be able to attract these players, arguably the biggest club in L1 they should be queueing up.

Theres no reason why you shouldn't be able to attract these players, arguably the biggest club in L1 they should be queueing up.

You'd think so, but money talks doesn't it so if the likes of Charlton / Blackpool / Bolton decide to splash the cash we might struggle, although to be fair I don't think any of them are exactly loaded at the moment.

You'd think so, but money talks doesn't it so if the likes of Charlton / Blackpool / Bolton decide to splash the cash we might struggle, although to be fair I don't think any of them are exactly loaded at the moment.

Blackpool and Bolton certainly arn't and Charlton appear to be in a mess.

We won't be interested in what Blackpool are doing.

We won't be interested in what Blackpool are doing.

You might be in 2017/18 :hihi:

Whoops my bad, should have been MK, they usually do well in our league.