Adkins gone. And so it begins again.

The revolving door sparks back into life.

Chris Wilder?

New guy will be Chris Wilder.

I did not want us to sack Adkins I think we need stability more than anything, but he's not helped himself, the dig at the fans after the last game will have been the final straw for some fans.

It concerns me when the team play poorly and the manager comes out and says they did will it suggests to me that the managers and the fans expectations are miles apart.

I pray the manager does not uses the words "clean slate" the crap that has played for us this season needs shipping out! Sign young and hungry players, play our own youngsters as well and build a team around the likes of Brayford and Sharp.

Very disappointed to see him go, even after a poor season,

If the manager is not going to be backed like Adkins wasn't, then we will be in this league for a while.

Everyone is saying Wilder, well.... He was around in times when there was more passion.

He has never managed at this level.

He has won promotion and a title with his last 2 teams.

He will cost money to buy.

Let's see.

I am glad to see the sacking done swiftly this time though.

I agree.

Has he been given enough time? Maybe not.

Has he been given enough backing (particularly financial)? Probably not.

Could he have improved things next year? Maybe.

Can Wilder do a better job? Depends on a lot of the above.

Groundhog Day.

How many millions are needed to get out of the worst tin pot for years?

How many millions are needed to get out of the worst tin pot for years?

Dunno, how much did Wigan spend ?

Dunno, how much did Wigan spend ?

Difficult to tell because of undisclosed fees,but they sold McClean for 1.5 and signed Will Grigg and Odelusi for 1M and 50,000........so they are plus 450,000 on what's known.

Big clear out no doubt ,players brought in on free transfers etc and the downfall continues ,seen at Hillsborough for years ,unless united get took over by someone with ambition and money I can't see any success coming there way .

I am not surprised by the decision but only because the board at the Lane seems to have completely lost it. Adkins and Clough were both managers with a good reputation when they came in, lured by the draw of a club that really should not be in that league. They both get sacked after a year or so.

The better managers will be wary of falling for that again (and no doubt SUFC has tried other vacant managers) so they end up at Chris Wilder, completely untried at this level but at least a Sheffield man and, to be fair, he has worked miracles with very limited means at Northampton, taking them from imminent relegation to promotion in just over 2 years.

But, unless the squad is completely rehauled there won't be a lot for United to cheer next season either. Only time will tell, but if I was a Blade I'd be pretty annoyed with the board at this moment in time.

I think the board have wanted rid for a while but were worried about the fans reaction, I saw a couple of albeit small polls on Twitter that suggested around 65% of fans wanted to stick with Adkins. This totally shifted after the Scunny game and he slagged the fans off in his post match interview, he played right into the boards hands as he alienated the fans and then he was gone.

It was interesting that when McCabe had his forum and was speaking of next year, he used the terminology "the manager" rather than Nigel or Adkins on more than one occasion.

I am not surprised by the decision but only because the board at the Lane seems to have completely lost it. Adkins and Clough were both managers with a good reputation when they came in, lured by the draw of a club that really should not be in that league. They both get sacked after a year or so.

The better managers will be wary of falling for that again (and no doubt SUFC has tried other vacant managers) so they end up at Chris Wilder, completely untried at this level but at least a Sheffield man and, to be fair, he has worked miracles with very limited means at Northampton, taking them from imminent relegation to promotion in just over 2 years.

But, unless the squad is completely rehauled there won't be a lot for United to cheer next season either. Only time will tell, but if I was a Blade I'd be pretty annoyed with the board at this moment in time.

Let's hope they haven't appointed him because he works miracles with limited means as that tells you no spending money next season!.The suggested clear out has to be carried out because this squad has proved to be not up to the job, bar half a dozen, and let's hope Wilder doesent need a year to assess this lot he's inherited.

Let's hope they haven't appointed him because he works miracles with limited means as that tells you no spending money next season!.The suggested clear out has to be carried out because this squad has proved to be not up to the job, bar half a dozen, and let's hope Wilder doesent need a year to assess this lot he's inherited.

I'd guess thats exactly the reason why they've got him.