RE: Food Allergy Testing?

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get tested for food allergies. Myself and my children all suffer from some symptoms of food allergies from what I've researched. My daughter seems to have a diary intolerance according to the Dr's but they didn't run any food allergy tests on her - just suggested that we should reduce dairy.

I suffer badly from fatigue and bloating whenever I eat certain foods i.e. baked potatoes with cheese and sometimes chocolate - it affects my breathing too so I just want to make sure it is the food I'm eating and not a re-resurgence of asthma.

I've googled a few places that do it privately around Sheffield but can't afford £100 or even £75 for just a consultation!

Any advice welcome!

Thanks,

Kate

Worth reading:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/jun/04/bogus-allergy-tests-causing-real-harm-say-experts

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get tested for food allergies. Myself and my children all suffer from some symptoms of food allergies from what I've researched. My daughter seems to have a diary intolerance according to the Dr's but they didn't run any food allergy tests on her - just suggested that we should reduce dairy.

I suffer badly from fatigue and bloating whenever I eat certain foods i.e. baked potatoes with cheese and sometimes chocolate - it affects my breathing too so I just want to make sure it is the food I'm eating and not a re-resurgence of asthma.

I've googled a few places that do it privately around Sheffield but can't afford £100 or even £75 for just a consultation!

Any advice welcome!

Thanks,

Kate

Hi Kate,

I have been having alot of trouble eating food over past few years and decided to have a food intolerance test done, went to place on Abbey Lane at Woodseats. It cost quite alot and when the results came back, i was a little shocked when they said i might be intolerant to many foods, even some that i didnt expect...Like eggs and baked beans...

My advice is rather than waste money on an intolerance test, over a period of a few months avoid certain foods and find out by trial of elimination which foods cause you problems.

I have have discovered that i have a Gluten intolerance and now avoid it where ever i can. Avoiding gluten for at least two weeks should give you an idea if it is that thats causing a problem.

Pm me if you want to discuss it any further. Alan

Doctor told me the best test to do for lactose intolerance is stay away from anything with lactose in for two weeks then after the two weeks drink a glass of milk. If you're ok then you don't have an intolerance to it. If you feel rubbish(or like me you throw up) well then obviously you are intolerant to it.