Fatigue and general 'laziness'

Some days I am so hyper, enthusiastic and get lots done, other days I can barely bring myself to get dressed and feel like everything is just too much hard work, which in turn makes me feel lazy and a little delicate as if I could just cry!

I obviously get the necessary done as I have children but honestly today I could easily just go back to bed!

Any suggestions?? :confused:

I feel the same after I had an op 5 weks ago, I have lost my mojo :(

Are you perhaps feeling depressed? our thought processes can be really exhausting sometimes.

I suffer from a similar thing and have been trying to find out the answer for years.

Depression? - I am on tablets but still feel the same

Tablets? - I have had a tablet review and one of the side affects can be fatique

Weight? I am over weight and have a bad diet which I am changing

Blood Tests? - this was where I first started and had done at the doctors to make sure I was not anemic or diabetic

Lifestyle? I have changed mine so that I break my jobs such as housework etc into bits and do a bit a day so keep a steady routine than do everything when I feel hyper

Caffine? I have switched to de-caff - caused a mega headache for a few days but now is fine

Water? I have started drinking a lot more water

Mental State? Have you got a lot of people depending on you, are you coping with any serious problems or worries as these all affect you. Try to spend time with positive folk and make time for yourself <<<< this is the one I found the hardest, trying to switch off.

I am not an expert, just a 48 year old going through the same thing. It affects your relationships, life style, work everything.

If you do find a way please share and good luck!

Does sound a lot like depression, but also possibly related to SAD.

Thank you for your comments everyone.

I have had problems with anaemia in the past but it was pregnancy related so I doubt it is that but it has seemed to have come on since the rain began.

I feel almost 'flu' like with achey joints, I don't feel like cooking etc which I suppose begins a vicious circle for a couple of days until I give myself a kick up the backside.

Tiredness could come into it having three small kids, work, new house which needs quite a bit of work etc but I am relatively young (31) and I do get plenty of sleep.

I could do with losing some weight, I am just over 10st and only 5ft 3 so maybe down to 8 1/2st?

It was iron deficient anaemia. I went to the doctor and my levels were 7 which apparently is pretty low. I suppose that's why I felt so shoddy but I didn't 'feel' the way I did when pregnant and I was not as low then.